We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memphis Shuttle / can taxi hire

2 posts
Save Topic
Memphis Shuttle / can taxi hire

Myself and 6 friends are going to Memphis in September to play golf. Consequently, we will have over sized luggage and were looking for a taxi company which could facilitate transit to and from the airport and to and from the downtown hotel to the 4 courses in the metropolitan area. To my mind a van or shuttle taxi service with the passenger space for 12 people would be ideal. Does anyone have any suggestions for a company that might offer a suitable service?

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memphis Shuttle / can taxi hire

I don't have any personal experience with this, but what about this company. It looks like they have 14 passenger vans, which should be able to handle your party and the golf equipment.

http://www.memphistours.us/charters

There are a few companies in Memphis that rent passenger vans. If you're at all interested in this option, I can give you a name or two of companies a friend has used.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Memphis Shuttle / can taxi hire

Hi,

Thank you for your recommendation. I just wrote an email enquiry to them describing the specifics of the trip. So I hope for a positive response.

The van rental is not a preferred option as it would necessitate a designated driver and downtown driving for a non-national may be difficult.

Once again, thank you.

Paul

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memphis Shuttle / can taxi hire

You're so welcome. Perhaps someone else might chime in with other suggestions.

As for driving, even in downtown Memphis, you won't have a problem. Downtown Memphis is pretty compact and its nothing like driving in LA, NYC, etc.

4. Re: Memphis Shuttle / can taxi hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:17