We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dyserth falls resort

Telford, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
101 reviews
Save Topic
Dyserth falls resort

I am really worried have booked to go to dyserth falls resort all the reviews look bad wish I had looked on trip advisor before has anyone got anything positive to say about this resort?

21 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Dyserth falls resort

I have just spent a week at Dyserth Falls Resort and it is fine. Our cabin was a little dated and in need of refurbishment but some have been refurbished so you may be lucky. The communal areas, pool, restaurant, bar, free wi-fi etc are excellent. Lovely views, good walking paths, pretty villages, good golf courses etc close by. We had a great time.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Dyserth falls resort

Hi ! Have just c9me back ! Pls d9nt go ! Portable tv ! No signal ! Bad bed collapsed couch ! C9ld pool supplied by cold jaccussu ! Its got rats ! If you can cancell you should !

St. Asaph, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Dyserth falls resort

In 2012 we were offered a fractional buy at dyseth falls . Fiona Craig's girlfriend pestered me for 10 days on the phone , to invest in a fractional buy , this meant we could stay for 7 weeks of the year for £ 600 which was maintenance fees . The contract was signed on the 9 th of February then we found out on the 10 th of March the business had gone into liquidation on the 8 th of February they knew this and jack and Pete still took the £6000 . Well Craig and Fiona were a regular little bonnie and Clyde. . Craig then gave us another contract for 16 years again £ 600 to be paid in January , as I went down there in December to use gym Kerry then told me I had to pay the £ 600 by the 31st dec otherwise I would be charged interst , so at 3.30 pm I took the 600 half cash the other by card , the lady on the desk was reluctant to take the money as she wasn't sure what to charge it to , Craig then entered the lobby and said just put it through the resort . I had my suspicions that the place was going under . So on the 8 th of jan I took a ride up there only to find my suspicions were right the place was shut . I then got in touch with the expert ha ha resort solutions only to find out it was closed due to a fire on New Years eve he said he couldn't give us our money back as if he entered the resort he would face prison as it was illegal as the health and safety had closed the down . We now had 48 hrs to find somewhere to live for 7 weeks . We did at a high cost which meant I had to get another loan for over £1500 to stay in a cottage . I then called the Denbighshire council and as suspected they had not closed the resort down at all .....I've since wrote to the owner of the business and surprise no response .

St. Annes-on-Sea...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dyserth falls resort

For updates on Dyserth falls please click the link below:

timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2015/…

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
561 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dyserth falls resort

It's been announced today that the Dyserth Falls resort has gone out of business so if you have a booking you need to start trying to reclaim your money if that's in any way possible.

dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/denbig…

Wallasey
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dyserth falls resort

Surprise, surprise! Gone out of business and the winding up of the company is set 8 days prior to appearing as the Defendant in a County Court case brought by me!

St. Annes-on-Sea...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dyserth falls resort

timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2015/…

Wallasey
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dyserth falls resort

Re: the TCA Post, as an owner who hasn't visited the Resort since purchase in 2013 due to ongoing problems with the owner resulting in taking DFR to Liverpool County Court due on 10th March, only to be cheated, how do I get in touch with the other 80 people who have registered to take action, or is this going to be a waste of time?

St. Annes-on-Sea...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dyserth falls resort

Hi Ian, I have sent you a private message but for anyone else needing information this is our latest update:

This is a worrisome time a consumers at the above resort. At present we are researching the matter and as such cannot fully assist consumes, as the position has become very serious indeed. At present a consumer is helping us immensely and we would ask that all consumers engage with him so that we can continue to get to the bottom of the situation.

The fractional ownerships consumers have been badly affected as some of those free hold interest have not been registered and the police have been called in. Other departments have been alerted and it looks like that some of the bastions of timeshare will be hauled in for questioning.

The TCA at present cannot comment on the gravest of issues and allegations, however will inform consumers when we are authorised to do so by the authorities.

If anyone is requiring information please do not hesitate to get in touch at:

www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/

Wallasey
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dyserth falls resort

Many thanks for the post, I am happy to get in touch with the consumer who is helping you, if you cannot divulge his or her contact details, I am happy for my e-mail address to be passed on: -

iancalder@ntlworld.com

I have taken DFR to Liverpool County Court following action and Judgement by Default in Money Claim On Line and DFR managed to postpone the hearing to 10th March, obviously a ploy to gain time. I am glad that the police have been involved as the scheme at DFR appears to be fraudulent.

Thanks and Regards

Ian Calder

Reply to: Dyserth falls resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dyserth