We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Dolgellau

Which Dolgellau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Dolgellau

Since the last posts on this topic, Dolgellau has become a gourmet's delight with 3 restaurants listed in the Good Food Guide and many others having won awards for the quality of their food.

If you haven't eaten here, it's well worth a visit, especially as there are now some fantastic places to stay. Dylanwad Da, Bwyty Mawddach, Y Sospan and Y Meirionnydd are all an absolute must and 'Cosy' still does the best fish and chips ever! Even the local Indian restaurant is run by a Bollywood star and his celebrity chef wife.

1 reply
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Dolgellau

I especially recommend Dylanwad Da. I've never had a bad meal there, and the chef's attention to detail is superb.

I'd correct the bit about the Indian restaurant, however. Unless things have changed, the restaurant run by the Bollywood star is in Fairbourne, about 10 miles away (and certainly very good and well worth visiting). The one in Dolgellau itself is quite reasonable, but not quite in the same class (please correct me if things have changed and the Bollywood star and his wife have bought the one in Dolgellau, which would be good news).

One other thing: I wouldn't recommend the George III Hotel in Penmaenpool. The food's not bad, but the service is awful. I've given up before now and left before my main course.

Edited: 27 February 2011, 22:11
Reply to: Dining in Dolgellau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dolgellau