We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolgellau dining

Which Dolgellau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Dolgellau dining

Two places to eat in Dolgellau are the "Cosy" a wonderful fish and chips shop and the "Unicorn" an excellent pub there.

The fish & chips at the Cosy could possibly be the best I've had and the Unicorn is a friendly local with a good selection of ales and a nice menu. I had the lamb and it was excellent

Shropshire, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolgellau dining

Dear Boy

If these were the best fish and chips you have had then you need educating. I lived in Dolgellau for many years and on a scale of 1-190 I would rate the "Cosy" as a '1' If you want good Fish and Chips you have to travel to Barmoth and the "Mermaid", by the level crossing; They are fish and chips to savour.

swansea
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolgellau dining

The cosy used to be very hit and miss, mostly a miss with dry luke warm chips and tiny portions, but may well be very nice now.

Frankie's chip shop is the Best bet in Dolgellau (I assume its still there?)

In Barmouth my Dad always insists on "the Dolphin" which is on the road that goes towards harlech, but I will always choose the "mermaid" The chips are always piping hot and fresh, staff always very friendly and you can sit and have a cup of tea too with a proper mug!

You may have to queue for a while but its worth it!!

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolgellau dining

I believe Frankies is a good bet in Dolgellau - I am a local girl and giving an honest opinion.

Meirionnydd : Cymru...
Level Contributor
62 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolgellau dining

The best place to eat in Dolgellau is Y Sosban (The Saucepan) on Queens Square by the Ship pub.

I've had great food every time I've eaten there.

(Apparently it was once the town courthouse and town jail. )

Get answers to your questions about Dolgellau