We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campervan trip to Wales....recommendations please!

Campervan trip to Wales....recommendations please!

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?

3 replies to this topic
St. Dogmaels...
Level Contributor
321 posts
55 reviews
92 helpful votes
1. Re: Campervan trip to Wales....recommendations please!

Great campsite called Conifers by Newport in pembrokeshire, we stayed there in our camper before we moved down. West Wales is quite chilled about camper vans, often people parked up at Poppit Sands beach. If you let us know the type of things you like to do and see may be able to help more. Also Poppit Camper van shop (very small) in Cardigan , they do camper van interiors up, and nice people to talk to. If you stay on the coast there's a micro climate round here so it's often dry and better weather than only 10 minutes drive inland.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Campervan trip to Wales....recommendations please!

Here are a few campsites that me and my fiance have stayed at that would make a great base if your working your way around the Pembrokeshire coastline. First up is West Hook Farm Campsite which is about 2 miles from the Village of Marloes. Its a beautiful campsite about 10 yards off the coastal path so perfect if you fancy exploring the local beaches nearby. Marloes Sands is a must visit as its very dramatic. Website - http://www.westhookfarm-camping.co.uk

The other campsite we have stayed at is on the outskirts of St Davids and is called Caerfai Bay its right on the coastal path and a short walk into St Davids from here. The views from the campsite are pretty hard to beat anywhere. Website - http://www.caerfaibay.co.uk

Hope this helps as both sites have stunning locations and are quiet also

I'm not sure about how long their seasons run for but well worth a try even if they aren't officially open.

Carmarthen, United...
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
175 reviews
181 helpful votes
3. Re: Campervan trip to Wales....recommendations please!

There are lots if you look at the pembs tourism website, however,one I would suggest is Kiln Park in Tenby, walk in to town,walk to the beach,and is central to a lot of South Pembs and further a field

Reply to: Campervan trip to Wales....recommendations please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haverfordwest
More Haverfordwest Topics
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.