We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Aleppo Merchant, Carno nr. Newtown.

Which Carno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwales
1 post
Save Topic
The Aleppo Merchant, Carno nr. Newtown.

Hi, I have recently discovered that the Aleppo was run by my ancestors in the late 1800's to early 1900's. The name has always intrigued me, so, how did it get its name. By the way, the ancestral surname was Wilson, run by Anne and I think her husband was Robert. They also had a farm which I believe was Ty Mawr. They had a son, John who married Jane and had two children, Anne and Sid who then took over the Aleppo Inn as did Jane after John died.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Aleppo Merchant, Carno nr. Newtown.

i think you wil find that the inn got its name from a sea captain who was captain of the aleppo merchant, a ship built in 1641

2. Re: The Aleppo Merchant, Carno nr. Newtown.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Carno