We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank Machine?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
940 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Bank Machine?

I am wondering if there is a bank machine (ATM) within Rincon (I'd heard there wasn't)? If not, can anyone tell me where the closest one could be found?

Rincon de...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bank Machine?

I just responded to your other post, but wanted to answer you here as well...

There are three ATMs in Guayabitos:

1) Pemex Station (east side of Hwy. 200 between Guayabitos and La Penita

2) Retorno Laureles (between Playa Linda Condominiums and Villas Buena Vida Hotel)

3) Crico Mercado (east side of Avenida del Sol Nuevo, at Jacarandas)

Things change, but these were all working at the end of last season.

Allyson

JaltembaBayLife.com, a community website for Guayabitos, La Penita and Los Ayala

Edited: 31 July 2011, 03:25
Keremeos, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bank Machine?

We have just come back from Rincon Guayabitos. Had the best time ever. Sad news when we came home,. Our debit card had been used in PVR 2 days after we arrived home. They withdrew our max.( $ 1000.00 ) using 5 different transactions. Please be very aware, as we did everything we could to have this not happen to us. B and S

Rincon de...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bank Machine?

Unfortunately, we have had several incidences with ATM scams in our area this year. Contact your credit card company. Let them know what happened and they should be able to help you correct the problem.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
376 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bank Machine?

Friends have told me to avoid the ATM at Villas Buena Vida- #2 on Allyson's first post.

The Pemex one is a Banamex machine and sometimes gives me cash - sometimes not. I use a foreign bank card- CIBC.

The Bank in La Penita- gives me cash on certain days as well.

Last week I tried the Pemex, Bank in La Penita ones and couldn't get money so drove to the Mega shopping centre and got cash there- Ok if you have a car as we do.

Next year I plan to bring a few travellers cheques as a back up.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bank Machine?

I was just there but agree to be weary using them do to the scams ..for sure hide your pin when you take money out. I was also told not to use the one ATM mentioned above and went to it one day adn it was out of service so that worried me enough not to use it. probably safer to use ones in busier areas like banks or malls is my guess.

6. Re: Bank Machine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 23:11
Campbell River
Level Contributor
120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bank Machine?

Thank you for the heads up. We have used our bank cards for the last few years, and more so since they don't like travelers cheques any more. So put a call into our banker today and we will travel with pesos this year and be ready to tip as soon as we arrive.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
478 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bank Machine?

Thanks for the information on ATM machines.

Calgary
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bank Machine?

There is a new one which I now use at the new Pemex station by the water tower- in the Happy Go convenience store at the back of the store.

It is a HSBC machine and charges 22 pesos for a withdrawal. The Bancomer one at the bank in La Penita charged me 69.5 pesos- that is in addition to the bank fee in Canada.

manitoba
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bank Machine?

What is the max. Withdrawal at Pemex station by the water tower

Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos