We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decameron los cocos this weekend

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Decameron los cocos this weekend

My husband and I arrive in PV at 1230pm from Vancouver this Saturday, 24 for 1 week at Decameron los cocos. Anyone else going to be there? This will be our first trip to the pacific coast and are looking forward to the "small local town" experience. Plan on hitting the mercado in la peñita, latitude 21, a day in sayulita and a day trip into PV. This forum doesn't appear to busy, but are there any other suggestions of must do's?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

Latitude is a must. It's close to cocos. Also another suggestion is piña Coloda restaurant. Also if you make it there I suggest inquiring about the hot springs trip. It's cheap relaxing and your back by 12:30-1:00. There are many great restaurants. Also you could take a boat tour up the coast to Chacala for lunch on a really quiet beach. You'll love all thing Guayabitos

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

Our flight from Calgary arrives at the same time...hmm guess we may have a short stop in Van to pick you up (my eticket says nothing about that). We have 2 kids so I am pretty sure we'll be on a different schedule & plan than you but hope to enjoy our first time to this area - so excited that we didn't stay in PV(5th to Mexico, 4th with kids). We are thinking that instead of a day trip to PV we may go in early on the 1st and hang out before our flight home. Gauyabitos Guy, if you see this, is there any place in PV t store our luggage for the day?

Grateful, Have a great time!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

Ya I think you guys will be on a different flight, we leave at 630 am with air transat and come home on the 31st. Have fun!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

In regards to storing your luggage in PV. I have looked for many yrs to do that but to no avail. It would be a perfect scenerio but sadly I havent found somewhere to do that. Probably your best bet is if you really want to go to PV do it as a day trip. Grab a cab on the main st of town or take the bus from La Pentita. This year I actually did make it into PV for the second time since the mid 90's and really it hadnt changed. Too many McDonalds and Burger Kings lol. A better idea may be taking a cab from Guayabitos for a day to Sayulita (to watch the surfing and enjoy the shops) or even into La Cruz across the bay from PV (visit the marina. Really Sayulita is a lil more child friendly but be sure to see the "iguana tree" right in town.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

Thanks G Guy yes we are going to Sayulita for a day - that's kind of why I thought we would just take the last day in PV - might have to skip it altogether - we went to Mazatlan our first two trips to Mexico (very small kids those times) and I am not into Vegas on the Beach style travel. Just was thinking we would have to check out of Los Cocos early, so might be an option. Thanks for the info.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

We leave the 31st of march getting there on the 1st. Do you guyss have to check out early. I am really confused about our trip because it was sold as 8 days and our e ticketssay check our on the 8th but on the web site it says check out on the 7th. How are yours worded?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

I think the 8th night for us is the first night because we get in @ 12:30 am to PVR so officially we have a room that night - the bonus is a whole day on the beach that next day. We are the 24th (dep. YYC 7:50 pm arr. 12:30 am) leaving PVR late on the 31st which is officially Apr 1 at 1:45 am arriving in YYC at 6:30 am on Sunday Apr 1) Did that help?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

Thanks Clashgirl, I think we will be on the same flight. Our check out date is the 8th on our e tickets what is yours.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

What happens is your last day you check out by 11am or noon. They put your luggage in a secure locked area. You are assigned a time later in the day to a seep rate room to shower and clean up before you get picked up. You still have all access to resort facilities with your wristband when the bus arrives to take you to PV then they remove your wristband. Kind of a pain in the butt day but none the less

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decameron los cocos this weekend

Guayabitos Guy Thanks again for all of your great info - you have been my virtual guide to the Jaltema Bay area and I thank you . We will have a great time no matter what - the last day, we'll be on the beach and really that's all that matters. Hope your travels keep you safe, Gracias tanto, CG in Calgary

Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos