We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunsets

Which Rincon de Guayabitos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Sunsets

Does anyone know if any of the villages in Nayarit Mexico actually face west for the sunset? We holiday in Guayabitos and the sunsets are a little bit like Saskatchewan. We watch, from our rear sundeck, sunsets over the Pacific and the mountains everynight when it's clear so we miss it in Guayabitos.

It's hard to tell on the map so I thought I'd ask.

Thank you.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunsets

Personally not sure about north side of La Penita but have seen it set over the ocean at Chacala

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunsets

Thanks Guy!

I'll rent a car in PV for a week and check out the area north and south. I haven't been up by Chacala in about 35 years. I was thinking about maybe a week away from Guayabitos so maybe we'll pack a bag and check out a few places. That still leaves us 5 weeks in Guayabitos.

Have a good time if you're going south this season.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunsets

Catch ya at happy hour somewhere along the path

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunsets

I'm buying.

Gabriola Island...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunsets

You are on the west coast.So if the sun rise is from the east it must set on the west.

6. Re: Sunsets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 23:11
Edited: 29 January 2014, 23:11
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunsets

541steve

Guayabitos faces almost due north. Think looking from

Point Gray to Point Atkinson. If you look West from

Point Gray, now you're looking west for the sunset. Unfortunately you can't see by the cliffs in Guayabitos.

The sunsets from San Bas, PV, Zihatanejo, Acapulco, etc are however startling.

Thanks for your comment.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunsets

The location of the sunset, though always in the West, moves around a fair bit through the course of the year.

In December (winter solstice), from places in Nuevo such as the Hard Rock and Dreams Villa Magna, the sun sets on the Pacific horizon pretty much in the middle of the bay. By the summer solstice in June it goes down much further to the North, over the mountain range that separates Bucerias from Sayulita (and extends out to Punta Mita). Between those dates, it of course travels back and forth between these two extremes.

The seasonal changes in the location of the sunset affect all locations, so you really need to take into account the time of year that you will be there, and your exact location, to know whether you will have the pleasure of experiencing sunsets over the ocean horizon.

9. Re: Sunsets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos