We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economy Room at DLC

Which Rincon de Guayabitos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
902 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Economy Room at DLC

Has anyone booked and stayed in an economy room? Would like to know how bad they really are!

BC
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Economy Room at DLC

We booked 'economy', that was the only room offered on Travelocity at the time. Emailed the resort that we wish to get Cocos 4 and we did!!!

Loved our room and balcony! The food was great too, the staff, the beach club, the town, everything!

We'll be going back to Guayabitos in March, small bed and breakfast on the beach... So spoiled!!!

Calgary
Level Contributor
377 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Economy Room at DLC

About 9 years ago we were staying in PV and took a tour -croc farm, San Blas etc. Breakfast at Decameron Los Cocos. Walked down to the beach and said to my wife- next vacation is here! We stayed at DLC 3 times the next year- different buildings- no matter all were fine for us.

After that I told my wife to heck with this - lets drive down and spend the winter Guayabitos.Winter #8 coming up.

Whatever accommodation you choose- lots to choose from- enjoy you trip

Edited: 22 October 2013, 03:59
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
902 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Economy Room at DLC

Great replies, everyone! I think we will stick with the economy room. We are not pool people at all, and don't care about space....14x14 is fine with us!

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
344 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Economy Room at DLC

We have stayed twice at DLC. Both times we paid for economy room and requested bldg. 4 and got it. Last year when we checked in they said we were in a different bldg. and we just asked if they had anything in bldg. 4, and they said "yes" and put us in bldg. 4. Everyone says it is quieter in bldg. 4 but our room this year was really noisy with the disco and traffic. The only rooms I would not like are the ones surrounding the pool closest to the beach, near the restaurants. I think you would hear people walking by your room day and night. You sound really low maintenance so I'm sure you will be happy with whatever bldg. you get. Use the money you would pay for the upgrade to eat at restaurants off the resort.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,235 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Economy Room at DLC

"So Rissak, are you saying you booked an economy room and were put in building 4 anyway? The upgrade world cost us about 200 for two weeks, I think. I'm being cheap!"

Yes- we requested Building 4 and got a room in there. Did not pay any extra. You could try that if you want, otherwise I am not sure I would bother paying to upgrade, either. The other buildings have the advantage of being closer to the beach and still have a pool....plus, the pool up at Cocos 4 is nice, and quieter, BUT it is shaded most of the day- when we were there in late December it was freezing cold- we never went in the pools all week!

We were also there over Christmas and the place was PACKED....we were glad we were up at #4 for that reason. At quieter times it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

16. Re: Economy Room at DLC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos