We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot springs and booking at the Pina Coloda restaurant

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
hot springs and booking at the Pina Coloda restaurant

I also posted this on the La Cruz forum where we are staying coming up in November ....It seems there are two hot springs one called Jamurca and the other perhaps further away which is called Aqua Termales de Nevo Lxtlan there are 20 pools there according to pictures on a newsletter for the area we found online and some good directions too ..........can someone tell me the best way to get to the further ones .....we don't have a car and cant walk for very far ....we would take the local bus from La Cruz as far we could to get a taxi to get the rest of the way ....One poster suggested booking a tour at Pina Coloda restaurant for a Sunday so we could take a cab to just there ....can someone confirm if this is the case and if so how much the charge and what time it leaves cause we need to know this ahead as we don't want toget all the way there and find out otherwise ....does someone know what is up to get to either hotsprings but mostly the Termales one as it looks fabulous !!

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hot springs and booking at the Pina Coloda restaurant

yes....I just got home and brought home some nasty souvenirs from Mexico. ..swimmers ear from snorkling ...the trots and quarter size, want to rip your skin off welts that no drug has been able to touch...just left the hospital a couple minutes ago...anyways..because I did not get these posts on time I went with someone else's reccommendation of Sergios tours which quoted us 1000 pesos each with ur club lunch included and pick up drop off in la cruz for the aqua termales...we waited for an hour the day of the tour after getting up early only to find out his vehicle broke down on the way. he did offer to come later with a different vehicle but we changed the tour to include a snorkling stop at the mariettas and opted to go the next day. apparently he had another tour already booked and sent two people in his place ....they were unsure of the plans and what we had agreed to pay..we had to pay for gas at the first stop and because we understood we would be paying in American money which is all we had that day there were problems with paying for stuff. we finally gave the two people the money we agreed to pay Sergio and let them deal with payment along the way...when we left Punta de pita we spent the next two and have hours on a death defying back road from la penita to aqua termales....the guides did not know wbere to go after all...once we we there the hog pools afe gorgeous..I highly reccommend them it was worth what we went through to get there...only to find out from a group of fellow canadians who were agast that we went the long trechourus way...they said the best would have been to go back to la cruz from punta de mita and go back the bucerius way which we did and there is a little restaurant ina village called Fontana I think that the other Canadians reccommended but we did not try..the two tour people tried their best and were nice however we got a big surprise of double the fee than what we understood at the end..our host had to help us deal with this and there was a settlement at the end but not a nice way to end a day...the pools are in a fabulous jungle location..bring a lunch and stay for a long time..it is shaded and cool and each pool a different temp..sadly we were not there long...if u go with Sergio tours make sure he is very clear about what u get for the cost and if he sends someone else to pick..make sure they know where they are going...draw a map urself so u can be sure u don't end upon that scary mountain road.....

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: hot springs and booking at the Pina Coloda restaurant

sorry about all the typos I tried to edit them but some how was not able I am not sure what I did ....

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: hot springs and booking at the Pina Coloda restaurant

I am sorry to hear your not feeling well, get well soon.

It seems your tour with Sergio did not go smoothy to

say the least....Your experience with Sergio’s Tour

reminds me why I do not recommend his services...

I live here 6 months of the year and only recommend

restaurants, hotels or tour operators I know and have

had business with, and trust.......

I hope you come and visit us in Guayabitos during your

next Mexican adventure.......

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: hot springs and booking at the Pina Coloda restaurant

thanks..wished I would have seen the other posts before we left...oh well I will know for next time and others will know now too

15. Re: hot springs and booking at the Pina Coloda restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos