We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from DLC

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from DLC

Happy to answer any questions!

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from DLC

Are you going to do a review of Los Cocos? I've been following your posts regarding the rooms and am wondering what block you stayed in and if you liked your room, the resort, etc. We prefer to rent a casa but have stayed at Los Cocos twice at the beginning of our vacations and loved it.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from DLC

I have my review started, and should post it on the weekend.....we ended up in building 1, room 1326, and it was absolutely great. The "Economy room" was spotlessly clean, had beautiful towel art every single day, and from just outside our door we could see the beach....our room was less than 60 seconds from the pool, beach, buffet and bar. My husband says that, if we go back (will certainly do so if nothing new and interesting comes up) he would only stay in building 1! So now it's difficult to grasp people's insistence that you must upgrade to superior rooms and must stay in building 4. Having said that, I would have liked a balcony for sure. As others have said, the walkway outside one's door makes it hard to have curtains open, though we had the window open and slept to the sound of the ocean every night. A balcony would have just added to the experience, allowing for open curtains and balcony doors.....without a balcony to sit on while drinking our morning coffee, we instead popped down to the coffee kiosk (again, about 30 seconds from our room) and drank coffee in the pool area with the many friendly guests....not really a bad option.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,611 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from DLC

Hi Bereniece (or anyone) Do they have rooms with balconies oceanfront? Is so are they big suites so only for large families?

We also like Los Cocos. I remember seeing a few rooms such as I mention above but it was a long time ago and and I Iong ago threw away the room numbers.

Gracias.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from DLC

I think some are Oceanview but not many. Balconies are to the back of buildings mostly (there was a great one on the side of our floor facing the ocean tho just one)....

sarnia
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from DLC

Hey we are leaving for there this Sat the 12th...do they exchange currency at the front desk and what were you getting? Any great restraunts we should try? do we need bug spray? and do they supply beach towels or should I pack one...sorry for the many questions...lol

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from DLC

Yes they supply beach towels and I believe they have currency exchange, but we always just get our pesos from the bank machines. I didn't notice bugs but there could be some on excursions. I know the San blas tour was buggy.

sarnia
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from DLC

what rate was the atm giving you....thanks

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from DLC

Hmmm......the last place we got 11.41 to the CAD...earlier we got 11.6 to the dollar......I didn't even look at the time, because for the little we need (we did 3 different withdrawals tallying $12000 pesos, which cost us around a thousand bucks, so a point or two here or there is hardly a big deal.

9. Re: Just back from DLC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos
Recent Conversations