We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel suggestions please?

California
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hotel suggestions please?

Hello, FYI I am cross posting in the Miami Beach forum as well. Will be staying in Miami area for 2 nights on April 1 and 2. No desire to go clubbing, we want to walk around, people watch, get the flavor of South beach, etc. Was looking to book a hotel in South Beach but wasn't getting any recommendations from my previous posting so I'm trying again. I was thinking of Anglers, the Strand and The Hotel but reading the reviews am concerned that even if the hotel isn't filled with spring break partiers that the noise from clubs is substantial until very late and an unavoidable fact of life in South Beach. So was thinking more of a hotel on the outskirts or Southbeach where we can walk in but then getaway from the noise at night. Please any suggestons for hotels that might fit the bill. Was looking at the Marriot Courtyard and the Marriot South Beach, but the Courtyard sounds like it's just surrounded by construction, and the Marriot South Beach is $305 and we were hoping to keep it around $250/night. Any suggestions? The other option we are considering is to go to North Miami Beach/Sunny Isles and drive in to South Beach for the day. I think it's only twelve miles but one post said it was a 45 minute drive which would be more than we want. Any feedback on Sunny Isles/North Miami Beach hotels and whether it's a good idea to stay there and come in to South Beach for the day? And what does that area have on it's own? The only hotel we've looked at yet in that area is the Doubletree Ocean Point for $230/night. We've gotten some nice helpful responses to previous postings but no clear feedback on hotels which would be very helpful. Any thoughts?

New York
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel suggestions please?

Just returned from the TRUMP SUNNY ISLES-stunning beach, weather, water was warm and carribean-like. Trump has a complimentary free shuttle that leavses 3x a day to South Beach, and returns. We took it two of the nights to go to dinner and walk around. This was a great hotel, awesome service, and beach. Beautiful modern room, balcony e tc. Good luck!

2. Re: hotel suggestions please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 19:17