We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at both of these properties. How do they measure up? We have stayed at the Hilton Marco Island a couple times & loved it. We are considering staying at the Doubletree in Sunny Isles but the rooms do not look as nice from the pictures & the pool looks much smaller. Thanks...

Minnesota
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

I've stayed at the Doubletree 3 times in the last year and a half...let me first tell you-it's a beautiful place! I have a "special" deal and am able to rent there for 1/3 of the price so for me, I think it's an amazing place. However, that being said, let me tell you what I've witnessed and heard from other guests.

The pool is small but clean and unique in the fact that it gradually gets deeper-no more than 5 ft- so that it mimmicks the beach in a way. So that is nice if you have little ones. The pool bar is EXPENSIVE-$10 for a regular sized drink...we "snuck" our own-be creative!! :) There is a new high rise to the right of the hotel that is almost completed which shields the sun from about 1-2pm for the rest of the day. However, the locals did say that as the sun gets higher in the sky (later in the year-I was there last in December) this shouldn't be a problem...

The beach is public but the chairs out on the beach are rentable from a company that the hotel also uses for their towel service-I think the chairs are like $10-$15 each a day. There's a "race" every day from the other guests on getting the "perfect" poolside chairs so be prepared to get up early to claim your own!!

If you get a suite-any of the 01 rooms such as 1101,1201, etc-those rooms are right on the ocean and huge...12-1500 sq.ft I think they had told us. These rooms are BEAUTIFUL!!! 3 balconies, full kitchen, 3 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms etc. I don't know about the side rooms. I know that some people were paying $750 A NIGHT for these rooms!!! I had also heard some paying $650, so I'm sure that there are deals out there.

Hope this helps in your decision...if you need any ideas on food deals, shopping deals, or sightseeing deals...let me know!!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

i was actually wondering about attractions, places to eat and things to do near the doubletree

Minnesota
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

Sorry-I thought from your original post that you were referring to the rooms and pool, hmmmm-as far as the attractions...it's mainly the beach, Bal Harbor, and South Beach. There's the parrot-something zoo (sorry, can't remember the name) which is fun-awesome snake show and the cutest little moneys that run around uncaged with you! there's also quite a few alligator rides around. We really enjoyed the deep sea fishing-lots to choose from! There is a dog track-but it's very sub-par in my opinion, but the gambling area looked good-didn't go in though since i have an 11 and 13 year old. As far as eating, the best value is NMB.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

thanks so much taco. i acutally wasn't the one who originally posted this but since I have reservations at the Doubletree I was just trying to plan a tenative itenerary of things to do. thanks for your help

Minnesota
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

I'm sorry!!!! I didn't even look at the names...

There is also an all-you-can-eat which is right across the street and down about a block called Emerald's which is $20-adult and $10 for kids that we did each time...a little expensive but the food is awesome!!

The staff at the hotel are wonderful-the guys that take care of the towels and chairs are really friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps!! Have fun!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

it helped very much thanks for your insight. We are looking forward to the trip. We booked it a month ago or so

clark summit, pa
Level Contributor
435 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

I have a regular ocean view room at the doubletree, how is that?

Any ideas for breakfast deals? Thanks.

sim
Sunny Isles Beach,FL
Level Contributor
521 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

The regular rooms are fine, most actually have their own balconies, but not all. If you book through the hotel as oppose to a travel agent,you usually get rewarded with a better room.

As far as breakfast,there is Denny's across the street from the hotel, or Einstein bagel.

clark summit, pa
Level Contributor
435 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

Thanks for your help. These are my rewards booking, directly through Hilton. I am hoping for the best.

beverly hills
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Doubletree Pointe Resort/Hilton Marco Island

actually, i just didnt know how to start a new topic. i am going to be going with my 2 1/2 year old daughter for a week. are there many (or any) chldren and any children programs? not that she is going to be able to do them. looks like a pleasant enuf hotel, do you know how it compares to the marco island ramada down the street? thanks for any assistance.

oh yes, tacos what one bedroom suites are good? i know the 01 for two bedroom are awsome but give me your thoughts. thanks