We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Music Marathon

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Country Music Marathon

I will be down in Nashville for the Country Music Marathon &1/2 Marathon on April 28. If anyone has run the half before, can you give me some advice on what to expect? Also, are there alot of grocery stores in that area around the airport? We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Airport

Thank you

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country Music Marathon

Cant help you with the marathon question. as for Grocery stores, there is a K-Mart about 1/4 of a mile from the HIX. For a traditional grocery store, you are probably about 2 miles away, HG Hills at the corner of Donelson Pk and Lebanon Rd will be the closest.

Good luck and welcome to Nashville.

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Country Music Marathon

Get there early so you can be in one of the 1st corals that lets out. For some reason they tend to get a little more aggressive the farther back you are. You will have to sign in and get your chip before hand and alot of people start lining up at 5:30. I got there around 6:15 and was rushed at the last minute. Good luck the elevation isn't to bad and the run is a very scenic one. See you at the finish line

3. Re: Country Music Marathon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 06:22