We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and what to do?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay and what to do?

My family will be in Brentwood for a swim meet on Saturday and need a nice (at least 3* w/pool) hotel for Friday night. We would like to see downtown Nashville and or GOO/Gaylord. However we will only be there Friday evening/night. Where would be a good place to stay close to all of the above? How close are these all in proximity to each other? Also any good place to eat lunch after swim meet that would be entertaining to the kids, 6, 9 and 12 yrs old. Thanks!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

From Brentwood, you will be no farther than 10 minutes from downtown and 20 minutes from Opryland. As for hotels in Brentwood, there is a Hilton Suites and a Holiday Inn. I've stayed at both, and they both are very nice hotels. There is also a Courtyard, Hampton Inn, all the usuals.

As for entertaining places to eat for the kids, not much in the Brentwood area. There is a Shogun Japanese Steakhouse. If you venture out to Opry Mills/Opryland area, there is a Rainforest Cafe @ OpryMills. There is a Hard Rock Cafe at the corner of 2nd & Broadway downtown.

Good luck with the swim meet, and welcome to Nashville.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

volrichard thanks for the info! I am thinking we might stay downtown Nashville and be centrally located to everything. I am leaning toward Sheraton Music City, Embassy Suites Nashville Airport, Nashville Marriott Airport. Any thoughts on these and are they close to downtown?

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

All of those are close to downtown. Just a quick cab ride away. But you will be farther away from Brentwood about 15 min or so depending on traffic. I prefer the Sheraton Music City eventhought the rooms are on the small size the hotel is great. For a larger crowd I would stay at an embassy or hilton just my opinion.

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

If you thinking the downtown area look also at the Holiday Inn Express. It is a renovated hotel with all the luxuries of a bigger chain hotel but without the cost. Another downtown location to think about is Maxwell House. There is a downfall b/c its not really downtown. I would def consider the Hilton or the Holiday Inn Express. You will def. have to decide which you would rather do as far as GOO or downtown for Friday. If you are willing to stay Sat there is a early and late GOO show. I like VOL RICHARDS idea of the rainforest cafe it is over in the opy area, so you could go to the hotel. its in the mall so plenty for kids to do and if you decided to go to the opry it is right behind the mall. Also at Opry Mills is the Aquarium Restaurant. Very cool atmosphere but wasn't overly impressed by the food but good for kids as well. Think I would do Rainforest. There is also a sting ray petting area in the mall for kinds. If you decide to eat downtown even think about the Wildhorse Saloon or check out one of the BBQ's on Broadway. If the swim meet is in Brentwood and you want to stay over there and eat I would head down a couple exit to cool springs alot more choices there and again a mall. If you have the time you may want to eat in the Opryland hotel and take the Delta Flat Boats around the hotel gardens.

5. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 19:18