We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi!

We are travelling from Australia with two teenage chn(16 and 19) and will be in Nnashville for3 nights at end of March My daughter and I love country music so we are going to Grand Ole Opry and want to see live music, shops etc

where is best to stay, Opryland or "downtown" and where is downtown

We like nice accomm,around 3 to 4 star?, something roomy and clean

thanks for any help

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

I would recommend staying downtown and making Opryland/GOO a side trip. There is much more of a variety downtown, plenty of different entertainment and shopping venues which you can walk to at your leisure. Try the Hilton downtown, Union Station, Hermitage Hotel, Renaissance Marriott, or Doubletree downtown.

That should be a good start.

Welcome to Nashville.

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Hello from Nashville,

Seeing that you and your daughter like country music I would lean towards the Downtown side. Hotels there are usually "for the most part" clean and safe. For a 3 or 4 star check out the Union Station, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton and the Doubletree. I like "personally' the holiday inn express. It is close to everything, has been remodeled, is accomidating for the entire family and is at a good rate. The union station would be my 2nd choice. To cover all that you want to see decide how you want to plan your days. Gray Line Tours is the largest sightseeing company in Nashville and would probly make the most of your day. They have two options you may want to consider. One is a combo tour it includes the Discover Nashville tour that will take you to the Ryaman and the Country Music Hall of Fame, a honky tonk to listen to a live band and a great view of the city on a driving tour. Then you may want to take the homes of the stars tour. You will see Alan Jackson's estate, Jimmy Dickens, Hank Williams and so many more very cool tour. You may also want to look into the all day pass. Being you have kids and are into country music. This tour gives you an 1 hour trolley tour of the city, a walking tour that does both the front and back of the ryaman and a pass to the Hall of Fame that you can use any day that you would like. You'll get to see the Hatch print shop, where the original posters for allot of well known talent came from, the Ernest Tubb record store where the late night jamboree took place and alot of really cool stories. Add bonus the one guide is a willie nelson look alike who actually plays with him.

Being downtown means you will be right by Broadway, which is location of the Honky Tonks so live music won't be a problem. Check out Printers Alley, if your into ghost tours take the haunted tavern tour, very cool! Let me know if I can help

australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

thanks heaps will look at hotels for now and come back

4. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 23:20