We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Nashville

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ormond Beach, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
1st time to Nashville

My husband is attending the ResoSummit in Nashville in early November. We will be in Nashville about 6 days, only 2 of which will be free days. We haven't had a vacation in many years and aren't sure what to do first. We really want to see a show at the Ryman but not on the weekend. Isn't there a mid week show? Also, my husband is a huge bluegrass fan. Is there any way to find out who would be playing in town Nov. 7 - 13? We are on a budget and staying at the Days Inn on West End Ave, as suggested to be in close proximity to summit and affordable with no daily parking fee and pet friendly. I appreciate all responses and guidance!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to Nashville

The Grand Ole Opry is not at the Ryman, with only a few exceptions, it is at the Opry House by Opryland. Most weeks, they have a Tuesday evening show.

As for events going on in Nashville, I would recommend you search Nashville Citysearch or Ticketmaster. It may be a little too far out for much, but those would be the best bets.

Good luck.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to Nashville

In addition to volrichard's suggestions, keep the Station Inn in mind (www.stationinn.com). They have bluegrass shows every night, and it's a sure bet that whoever's playing will be enjoyable. The cover for the majority of their shows doesn't get higher than $10, and the Bluegrass Jam on Sunday nights is free (although I know you specified no weekends).

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to Nashville

I'll also recommend the station inn. It's smoke-free, & a very firendly place. Also, be sure to check out the Nashville Scene or the Rage (both local entertainment mags) beginnning the Wed. before your trip for complete mucis & event listings.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to Nashville

I'd second the other posters so far - the Station Inn is a great place to hear some of the best Bluegrass music in Nashville. Don't be discouraged by the way it looks on the outside (a nondescript while cinderblock building), it's a great place!!

Also, one note of warning. We stayed at the Days Inn on West End a couple years ago on New Year's Eve. It was absolutely horrid. Marked up walls, cigarette odors in non-smoking rooms, awful bedding, old and really rundown decor. It's a great location, but really bad on the inside.

There are several similarly priced hotels over near the bar areas on Demonbreun. I believe one is the Best Western Music Row. Don't know much about them on the inside, but anything has to be better than that Days Inn. Hope this helps!

Ormond Beach, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to Nashville

Thank you all soo much for the great suggestions! I really appreciate it, especially about the rooms at the Days Inn. I'll definitely look into the Best Western.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to Nashville

I thought the Tuesday Night Opry was only during the summer? They are going in November.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to Nashville

A source a lot of people seem to forget is the Nashville Scene. Granted, their politics sometimes get a little out there for my preferences, but the club / event listings are usualy pretty complete. Granted, you'll probably have to wait till the last possible minute to check, because The Scene is a weekly...check them out at

www.nashvillescene.com

The other suggestions are good...citysearch, etc., but I've sometimes found citysearch to be lacking...they really aren't local Nashville, the Scene is. just try to overlook some of the articles...like I say, occasionally, their politics do get out there...

J.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time to Nashville

An addendum....apologies to wallace (above)...they mentioned the Scene....most people don't....

Sorry...

9. Re: 1st time to Nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 00:15