We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Topic
Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

I am taking my girlfriend to Nashville for a surprise bday trip and plan on proposing while we are there. I booked an Airbnb at fatherland flats apartments which has good reviews and looks nice but now I am a little concerned about the quality of the nrighborhoid. Can anybody tell me how the area is around fatherland and 5th/6th St? Also if anybody has any thoughts on where I could pop the question that would be awesome too! Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

Please repost your question here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55229…

We're trying to keep all short-term-rental questions corralled in there so they don't take over the forum.

Thanks!

Edited: 13 December 2017, 14:40
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

As for where to pop the question, Nashville has no shortcoming in that area. If you'll share some of her interests, we may be able to suggest something particularly great. Otherwise, the Opryland Hotel's huge indoor gardens come to mind. It's a very popular place for good reason. It has an added bonus of being indoors, so weather's not a factor.

Here's a map of the hotel. Click the small map on the upper right of this page to see an enlarged view of it. http://www.mobilemaplets.com/showplace/7479

There are many walking paths throughout the indoor gardens with some secluded areas, but two spots come to mind. Both are in the Garden Conservatory section. If you park for free at the Opry Mills Mall and walk over, (here's a map I made: https://drive.google.com/open… )you'll enter through the Delta Portico, located on the lower right part of the map. It looks like a white "J" on the map hanging off the right side of the red Delta section. Meander romantically along the walking paths and through the "town" in the Delta section and make your way to the upper left where Delta, Magnolia, and Garden Conservatory come together. enter the garden conservatory, and take the steps down into the gardens, not up onto the catwalk. Keep towards your right and you'll find yourself walking behind a small waterfall. That's spot #1. I mean...behind a waterfall is pretty unique. Or continue on just a little further to the end of the Garden Conservatory, where you'll find a large gazebo. That's spot #2. You can see that gazebo on the map between the words "Garden" and "Conservatory". Note that there's a small gazebo in the Delta section just as you leave it. That's a nice spot too, but I think the larger gazebo in Garden Cons. is better. Be ready to make an adjustment though. Either gazebo could be closed for a private event (like a wedding).

Edited: 13 December 2017, 16:14
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

If you want to do it at dinner, then the Capitol Grille can't be beat. It's one of our top restaurants in our top hotel and both the hotel and the restaurant ooze classic romance.

If you're looking for an outdoor spot, then the gardens at Cheekwood would be great. Centennial Park is also a good spot. Its full-scale replica of the Greek Parthenon makes for a unique backdrop. There's a nice rose garden in the northwestern part of the park if you're here in the spring/summer time..

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

She is huge country music fan and likes the outdoors. I am liking the idea of doing it behind the waterfall at the hotel. That does sound unique and romantic. I was actually looking up pictures of the centennial Park and thought that might be a good spot or I was even thinking about the pedestrian bridge as well. Are there any good outdoors spots just outside of Nashville such as a hiking trail along a lake or the river? Thank you for your ideas and information.

sw michigan
Level Contributor
321 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

Do the 2 of you have a song? If so, you could arrange ahead of time for an artist at one of the live music venues to play it when you're there ...take a knee and pop the question on the dance floor.

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

That's a good idea too. There are a ton of country songs the two of us could consider our song haha

sw michigan
Level Contributor
321 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

Depending on your idea of "country" songs, I may be able to help (I'm in contact with a number of artists that make there living on Lower Broadway)...give a few examples.

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

Two that come to mind off the top of my head are:

Lonestar "Amazed"

LANCO "Greatest Love Story"

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

Thomas Rhett "Die A Happy Man"

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal

The pedestrian bridge is a good idea, especially in the evening.

Reply to: Fatherland flats/nashville proposal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashville