We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Seattle to Nashville

Maple Valley...
1 post
Save Topic
Best route from Seattle to Nashville

Me and my family are moving to Nashville from Maple Valley. We are on the road now and made it to Butte in about 11.5 hours on I-90 last night. The trip was a little rough with roads being icy and covered with snow. Actually plowing a lane through snow at some points. Can anyone tell me the best route to take, from here on out? Also my brother will be coming down also and leaving Maple Valley Sunday. Looking for best route for him as well. Thanks

1 reply
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Seattle to Nashville

Looking at the current snowfall amounts on the ground and the forecast, Butte is pretty much the middle of the worst of it. All of the PNW except the coast has snow, all of Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana as well. Northern Utah too. I-90 should get better after Billings, but Google Maps shows several slow stretches between Bozeman and Billings. There's going to be snow until you make it to the Dakotas or Nebraska.

My best guess, I'd stay on I-90 to Sioux Falls, SD then take I-29 south to Kansas City, I-70 east to St. Louis, then the I-64, I-57, I-24 combo from St. Louis to Nashville.

Unless your brother wants to run down the coast all the way to LA and take I-40 all the way across to Nashville, I don't see any other good way to avoid the snow you're seeing. Google Maps shows that route adding 10 hours over the route you're on, but it would be snow-free except maybe some high passes around the Oregon/California border.

Reply to: Best route from Seattle to Nashville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted