We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 full days - what are the must do's?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
2 full days - what are the must do's?

We are going to Nashville, May 4, 5 and 6. Only have 2 full days there and want to see as much as possible as we may never get back again. We are all 4 country music lovers, so are thinking of doing the all day tour (CMHOF, etc, morning and afternoon stars homes), but not sure what to do for day 2. Any suggestions would be welcomed as we are completely in the dark other than some internet searching.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 full days - what are the must do's?

I might suggest taking a couple hours enjoying the Opryland Hotel, walking through the beautiful hotel and perhaps taking the boat cruise on the water. It's a really cool place---especially for a place that is free besides parking. Here are a wikipedia site for it & its web page:

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…_Convention_Center

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordopryland/

nashville
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 full days - what are the must do's?

I would say do the www.nashtrash.com tour. it;'s only 90 minutes, book now! Though you may be tired of tours after your day 1 plans. Downtown, do Broadway and 2nd Ave bar crawls. You could make a whole day of it just walking around and popping in here and there.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 full days - what are the must do's?

Before you rush out to the Opryland Hotel, have your friendly & knowledgeable concierge (or desk clerk) call out there as a professional courtesy.....my understanding is that there is some interior construction going on around The Delta area...

As for "bar crawling" on Lower Broad...I can gaurantee, without hesitation, that you WILL find some of the BEST country, blues, rockabilly, bluegrass and, yes, even rock-n-roll.....and it doesn't have to cost you much $$$..

Have a ball!!

J.

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 full days - what are the must do's?

Thanks for your replies! I can't wait. We are leaving on Thursday evening and I am really looking forward to it!

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 full days - what are the must do's?

Take a look at the Grayline website- they do a few tours and their website lists the times of the tours and duration. I did the Tour of Stars and loved it- it's a 3 hour tour. (I didn't think there was a difference in the morning and afternoon tours?) Little Jimmy Dickens was standing by his mailbox and talked to our bus driver- he said he was waiting for Brad Paisley to pick him up. Definitely have your camera for the tour- our bus driver said that some stars have gotten on the bus before- like Trace Adkins. While at the CMHOF, buy a ticket to do the Studio B tour- they will take you on a little van/bus. It cost $12 per person. Studio B is where Elvis did 200 or so recordings, and Dolly did many recordings there too. If you visit the Nashville Visitors center website you can buy this access pass which will allow you to go to 4 attractions for $35- I was able to get a $5 coupon because I get emails from them. (Some things like Studio B, and backstage ryman and Grand Ole Opry tours aren't included on the pass). I did a tour of the Ryman Auditorium, and a backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry. I definitely recommend buying a ticket to the Grand Ole Opry- especially on a Saturday night- it was neat to see it being taped for TV. The Grand Ole Opry is near the Opry Mills Mall, which has a Gibson Guitar shop that is neat and they have an Apple Barn in the mall and IMAX. The Gaylord Resort/Opryland hotel is neat to walk thru as well. I recommend going to Loveless Cafe- if you're lucky you might catch a star eatting there. I heard Alison Krauss was recently spotted there. The homes of some of our presidents- Andrew Jackson and James Polk are somewhat close. There is much to do. I've only been once and didn't get to do everything that I wanted to do.

6. Re: 2 full days - what are the must do's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:15