We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

Hey all -

We got a hotel - now we need a restaurant.

We are looking for something local to get the real Nashville flavor. We need a lunch and dinner recc. - Best BBQ perhaps? Lunch can be fun & casual - Dinner can be a little more involved as long as it is still the real thing. We are from NYC so don't really want a place that we could go to back home. I am a vegetarian (I know, not the right place to be) but I am willing to sacrifice for the BBQ meal so my beau can get his flavor on. A dinner suggestion with some veggie friendly options would be much appreciated :) We will be downtown, something pre -Opry.

Also - we want to stock up on some country garb - I'd love a cowgirl hat, some boots, and some other fun stuff. Any ideas on the best places to shop?

Thanks !!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

we changed our plans and are going to be hitting up a concert at 6:45 - which means we need some early eats & drinks to get us through the show and then maybe some munchies afterwards. any ideas?? i heard something about the san antonio taco company - any good? i am a vegetarian so i don't mind eating sides for lunch but would like something i can eat for dins - preferable something still "nashville". THANKS!

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

Yes I love SATCO delicious. You should be able to find something just right for you there.

…citysearch.com/bestof/winners/mexican_food

Also check out www.nashville.citysearch.com and click restaurants you can search by cuisine and one is vegetarian so that should help. They are also rated as best to worst on a star system. There are a couple of places that are very close to downtown.

…citysearch.com/bestof/…vegetarian_food

Try Jacks for BBQ alot of people recommend it on here. I prefer Corky's in Brentwood but too far to drive for ya'll.

…citysearch.com/bestof/winners/barbecue_food

Here are a few late night places. I like sunset grill, south street, boundry and Otters

…citysearch.com/bestof/…late-night_dining

As for shopping for country wear anywhere downtown you are going to find tons of stores. Check out broadway and 2nd avenue for the best in that sort of thing.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

For BBQ, I favor Hog Heaven at Centennial Park. I've got some other Nashville restaurant reviews here in a go-list:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i10932-Nashvill…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

We ended up at Arnolds and it was excellent! Best Meat & 3 we have ever had, and we've had our fill. Rippys for late night was extremely fun, best band, not too crowded, highly recommend it!

Got over to Loveless Cafe this morning for breakfast....fun, looooong wait (inside and out) and ok food. The biscuits and grits were amazing but everything else was average.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we had a great time in Nashville!!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
765 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

Just a side note since you are a vegetarian- many "authentic" southern-prepared vegetables are going to be seasoned with some kind of animal fat- usually in the form of pork fat. If this is important to you, then you may want to inquire as to how it is prepared also.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

Thanks for the headsup! I actually asked them at Arnolds and they told me which sides were veggie - and at Loveless they have a key at the bottom of the menu that notes which are seasoned with meat.

7. Re: Best "Nashville Restaurant" & place to shop!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:19