We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

Dallas
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

2 Dallas girls will be in town for the event. Could anyone please give me any tips on what to do and when. I know we will be at the concerts every night but plan to go out afterwards. Any fun 30 something places to go and be seen? Also, any dinner recomendations would be appreciated!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

Are you coming for the CMA festival in June? If you want more country music after the concerts, go to the bars on Broadway. There's no cover, so you can come and go or stay planted in one bar.

If you want something a little different (and a little nicer) after the show, grab a cab to Hillsboro Village and visit Jackson's, Cabana, and the Trace.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

If Decades on the corner of broadway and 2nd is still open (they are closing soon) then I would try out that. Nice fun bar/club for 30 somethings. They play lots of 60,70, and 80's music.

Another place we love is Buffalo Billards on 2nd Avenue and Coyote Ugly next door...ladies always get in free at Coyote.

If you head down broadway hit up Roberts, The Stage and Tootsies.

Also Printers Alley is a ton of fun we love Bourbon Street and Lonnies (remember lonnies only takes cash but there is an atm out front).

If you want to head out of downtown I would go over to Music Row and check out On the Rocks or go to Division and hit up Viragos which is a local fav for hanging out.

Dallas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

Yes, we will be there in June. We would like to do good dinners before the concert at night but want to hear what the locals suggest....any thoughts?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

What type of cuisine are you looking for?

Dallas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

Nothing in particular. Just don't want to be too touristy...would like to be more like a local in town.

Let me know if you have any thoughts!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

Staying Downtown.....

Demos' Steak & Spaghetti House....basic food, locally owned and operated.....corner of Commerce St & 3rd....reasonable prices...pretty good steaks....

Actually, there is no shortage of places to eat in Nashville....depends where you are staying, do you have wheels or are you depending on taxis, and how much $$$$....

J.

7. Re: Coming from Dallas for County Music Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 21:18