We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me plan!

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida, USA
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help me plan!

We will be in Nashville next week for a conference at the Opryland Hotel. I'm wondering about getting from the airport to the hotel, and good/bad restaurants at the hotel. Also, we'll be there Sunday night to Thursday afternoon and there is a show on Tuesday night at the Grand Ole Opry--Bill Anderson is going to be there. We're not really into country, but I was still considering going. I wasn't planning on renting a car and wondered about getting from the hotel to downtown Nashville and what we could do one afternoon and evening (when I skip out on the lectures!).

Thanks for all your help.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
765 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me plan!

There will be shuttles to take you from the airport to Opryland Hotel. Sorry, I can't help you with the restaurants in the hotel as I have never eaten there. You are not likely to find many locals there. You could take a cab to downtown if you wanted to spend time there, but then again you siad you were not into country. You may enjoy Opry Mills next door to the hotel if you like to shop and there are several restaurants to choose from and a 20 screen movie complex with IMAX as well. I think they offer tours of the Grand Ole Opry house if you didn't want to see the show.

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me plan!

Well you are def. coming to Nashville at a busy time of the year. You will be leaving when Fan Fair guest are arriving and Dukesfest fans will be here on Sunday for your arrival.

No worries Opryland has shuttle transportation and yellow cab will give you a good rate to the Music valley area.

If you are coming the Tuesday that I think you are you may want to get your tickets ASAP, Carrie Underwood is going to be there and tickets are gettin close to being sold-out.

I wouldnt fool w/a rental car. The hotel charges 14 per person and will take u downtown or you can look into taking a city tour. They will have all the information.

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me plan!

Would it be hard to get a shuttle with so much going on in nashville?

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me plan!

I wouldn't consider walking to the Opry a problem since you are staying at the Opryland Hotel. We actually walked after the Opry on a Saturday night to the Opryland Hotel. It wasn't a bad walk at all and my mom is about 60 and then we walked back to our car when was in the Opry Mills parking lot. I enjoyed having my own car in Nashville, although I did get lost very often doing so. But I was on a pretty strict budget and there for quite a few days. Since it sounds like you are only going to downtown for one night a shuttle probably wouldn't be bad idea- (less likely to get loss and get there faster with shuttle). If you do rent a car, you'll have to also to pay to park your car in downtown Nashville too. I enjoyed spending an evening walking from bar to bar, but considering you aren't really into country, i'm not sure if you would like that. I also enjoyed doing a tour of the Ryman Auditorium but that is only available in the daytime.

5. Re: Please help me plan!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 11:20