We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jack Daniels Distillery?

Maryland
Level Contributor
157 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Jack Daniels Distillery?

Can anyone tell me how far the Jack Daniels Distillery Tour is from Nashville? We will be visiting TN in October and staying 2 nights in Nashville and 4 nights in Pigeon Forge. My husband really wants to take the tour and we just want to make sure its something we can fit in without having to drive hours!! Thanks in advance!

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
561 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

iluvdisney, I took a day trip to the Distillery when I was in Nashville last year. It is really worth the drive! I loved every minute of it. I went in April when it wasn't so hot, so it should be great in October.

I drove from the Gaylord Opryland Hotel to Lynchburg and I it took me less than 2 hours (I took my time and stopped once to take pictures of something along the way).

Make sure you reserve lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House way in advance (it's hard to get in because they don't have a lot of tables - although now that it's renovated my understanding is that they have increased the # of people they can serve). The food is great and it's a nice compliment to the tour. I had lunch first and did the tour after lunch (it's a big lunch, so it's nice to walk around afterwards). Most of the people at my lunch table were also on my tour, so it made for a fun group.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

JD Distillery is about 1 1/2 hours from Nashville. Not knowing where you will be starting from, if coming from Nashville, head down I-24E and exit at Hwy 55 in Manchester. From there, if heading to PF, get back on 24E, go to Chattanooga and head North on I-75. Will add a couple hours overall on to your trip, but well worth it.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to Tennessee.

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

I read online that the drought was effecting production at the distillery. Hopefully, TN will get some of the rain that we've been getting here in Louisiana, so Jack Daniels doesn't go dry!

Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

Is it true that the distillery is in a dry county, so you cant sample the product there?

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
561 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

Yes, that's true. And when you are done with the tour, you will be jonesing for a shot of JD. LOL!

About midway through the tour, you will be standing at one set of barrels and they flip the top and when you inhale, it's like you've had a sip. It's that strong.

And then on the way out as you pass through the aging barrels, some are leaking a little, so you can put your hand under and get a drop or two.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
561 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

We did get Lynchburg Lemonade at the end, though.

Not as good, but it's something :D

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

Jack Daniels is a great tour. Vol was right it takes about 1 1/2hrs to get there. Yes, it is in a dry county. You can buy commerative bottels of the whickey but won't be able to try it. Now the time of year that u are coming the "Hill" which is located right outside of Lynchburg will have there BBQ going on which is where you can drink and there is a bar open. There's live music makes for a great day. You can by tickets to the BBQ at Jack Daniels.

You may also want to check out Gray Line tours. They do a trip to Jack Daniels and into the town of Lynchburg. It makes for a great day. They do all the driving for you get your tickets for the tour and you learn alot about the area that you wouldn't know on your own. I have done it both ways and personally I enjoy having someone else drive for me.

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
586 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

The Jack Daniels Tour is great, also probably 40 minutes down the road is the George Dickel Distillery. It's not as well known and really gives a slower pace tour.

9. Re: Jack Daniels Distillery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Nashville