We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin in central TN ...

central illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Cabin in central TN ...

Looking for neat place close to Nashville and/or Cookville with a cabin rental. Like there to be a pool. Just hubbie and I for like 2-3 days. Any ideas ?

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin in central TN ...

Most of the cabin rental type situation is going to be in Gatlinburg (east TN) great for a romantic getaway.

As for here in Nashville and surrounding areas you can find great little bed and breakfasts all over and some do cabins. Check out bbonline.com and do a search in middle tn.

Other suggestions are state parks which usually will have cabins and a public pool area. Go to http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/

Hope this helps you out

Nashville
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin in central TN ...

Try Montgomery Bell State Park (30 miles west of Nashville) or Fall Creek Falls State Park (40 miles south of Cookeville).

I would probably prefer Fall Creek Falls myself, but in the summer they may only rent cabins by the week. If you can get one get a Fisherman's cabin. The cabin is literally over the water....you can fish from your balcony.

Do a google search for cabins in Spencer or Pikeville, the two closest towns to Fall Creek Falls. I know that my parents have stayed in a cabin just outside the park before.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin in central TN ...

There is also Center Hill Lake between Cookeville and Nashville, Big East Fork near Jamestown and Land Between the Lakes about 60-70 miles northwest of Nashville in Western Kentucky. You might try vrbo.com for cabin rentals. I agree though that you will find a lot more to see and do in the Gatlinburg area than anywhere else in Tennessee.

4. Re: Cabin in central TN ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 12:20