We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanderbilt Area

Boston
Level Contributor
970 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Vanderbilt Area

There's a work-related conference coming up at Vanderbilt University. What's located within walking distance of the university? Anything interesting? Is it possible to walk to town from there? What's that area like?

Many thanks!

Daytona/Port Orange
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vanderbilt Area

lots of restaurants and clubs, a nice park. Also "music row" home to nashville's music community and Studio B where elvis recorded most of his hits.

downtown is about 1 1/2 miles away, you can walk but i would take a taxi...also you might check out the riverfront park or the state capitol.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vanderbilt Area

Centennial Park and the Parthenon are within walking distance of Vanderbilt as well as several shops and restaurants. Hillsboro Village is in close proximity as well, which has some nice boutique stores. The Vanderbilt area is one of Nashville's few urban spaces, densely populated with a mix of residential and commercial buildings.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vanderbilt Area

It a somewhat upscale and safe area to explore. Vanderbilt covers several blocks. There are many unique shops around Hillsboro Village and a few others facing West End Ave across from Centennial Park and the Parthenon. Also many good restaurants. I would not try to walk to downtown from there. You would have to walk across busy interstate overpasses and it would be so hot and humid. It would be a cheap cab ride and there is plenty to see and do around the Lower Broadway/2nd Ave area.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vanderbilt Area

You dont say if you have accommodation booked. If not could I suggest the Embassy Suites where I stayed last summer.

They have a free shuttle to bring you downtown up until 10pm I think.

They also have a great cooked to order breakfast and, can you believe, a free bar for two hours every evening

5. Re: Vanderbilt Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 12:21