We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with children

Jacksonville, AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do with children

My husband and I and two children- 5 and 10 will be traveling to Nashville the end of July for a few nights. What do you suggest for kids? Was thinking about Nashville Shores or Wave Country, Science Museum, and/or Nashville Zoo. Is there anything we should not waste our money on or anything the kids would definitely enjoy? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
765 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do with children

All of the things you suggested are worthwhile activites here. Opry Mills Mall has a couple of neat restaurants- the Rainforest Cafe and the Aquarium Restaurant. There is also a Dave and Buster's there, and 20 screen theater with IMAX, and an area near the Aquarium where you can pet stingrays. I bet Harry Potter will still be playing in IMAX when you are there. There is also a Build-a-Bear workshop and Glow Golf.

Centennial Park is also a fun place to go- you can have a picnic, feed ducks and see the Parthenon. Maybe take in a Nashville Sounds baseball game at Greer Stadium. If you are downtown, The Old Spaghetti Factory on 2nd Ave is a neat place to eat and very reasonably priced. Ask to sit the the trolley car.

have a great trip!

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
586 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do with children

If you're going to downtown Nashville...Fort Nashborough has great for kids to explore. Then there's the Hard Rock Cafe, the Nascar Cafe'. My kids loved the Science Museum. We haven't been to the new Nashville Zoo (used to be North of town), but if it's anything like the old one, you'll love it. Opry Mills is worth the drive to, swing into the Opryland Hotel.

Jacksonville, AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do with children

Thanks for the suggestions. You had some ideas I have not thought of before.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do with children

Also check out my post on here for family friendly events during the summer...I'll bump it back up to the top

5. Re: Things to do with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 06:21