We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hear some country/folk music live; where to go?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hear some country/folk music live; where to go?

Hi....I'm planning a trip to Nashville for my wife...she loves contemporary country music the best (eg., Chesney, McGraw, Jackson, McBride, Rimes, etc.); been to lots of big concerts but I don't know where in Nashville we could go to see small shows of local talent, songwriters, etc. Would be grateful for any good suggestions.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hear some country/folk music live; where to go?

For local talent and songwriters, I think of the Bluebird Cafe in the Hillsboro Rd. area. The most concentrated area of live music would be on Lower Broadway at the honkytonk bars- Tootsie's, The Stage, Robert's. Printer's Alley, a few blocks away, also has some live music. She might enjoy the Wildhorse Saloon on 2nd Ave for some dancing and a little more the contemporary stuff. And, of course, there's always the Grand Ole Opry and Ryman Auditorium. Check out the nashvillescene.com and nashvillerage.com for specific acts and venues for when you will be in town. You can also tour by some the homes of country music stars with Gray Line. Hope you have a great trip.

2. Re: Hear some country/folk music live; where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 14:25
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question