We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good smaller Campground in/near Nashville???

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Any good smaller Campground in/near Nashville???

Hi, Im thinking about a girls trip to Nashville for about 3 days. The idea is some smaller camground with cabin rental.Any ideas,suggestions? What to do, what to see,good hikes,some outdoor things,not just a shopping,restaurants etc.....please help!

I can't decide with buying of airplane tickets??

Thanks K.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
759 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good smaller Campground in/near Nashville???

Well, there are just a few choices that come to mind. The outdoorsy stuff is much better in East TN near the Smoky Mtns, rather than Middle Tennessee. Nashville Country RV Park in Goodlettsville (north of town) has some very, very basic cabins and would not be my first choice. Other considerations: there is a place called Cowboy Town that I am not familiar with, but there is a thread about it a page or two back on the forums and looks like that is the kind of stuff you are looking for. Loretta Lynn's Dude Ranch in Hurricane Mills has those types of activities with cabins also, but is about 1 1/2 hrs from Nashville. Many state parks will have cabins or lodging- Land Between the Lakes (KY), Standing Stone, Fall Creek Falls. Check out tnstateparks.com. Natchez Trace is nice. You might also find a cabin on vrbo.com.

As far as airplane tickets- just know that you will need a car here. I assume by Naperville you mean IL and I would suggest just driving- it is about 8 hrs. Hope you have a great trip!

2. Re: Any good smaller Campground in/near Nashville???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 12:20