We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville Hotels

Hickory, NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville Hotels

My husband and I are planning a trip to Nashville in May 08. I've looked at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown and the Renaissance Nashville. Which would you recommend or would you recommend another hotel?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
243 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville Hotels

They are both very nice and not far apart. If you like the live country music night life, the Renaissance is close to Broadway, where many of the bars are located. Also, the Sommet Center with concerts and hockey is on Broadway.

Jacksonville, AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville Hotels

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown (920 Broadway) in June 2006. Great location and a good price. It was a little further from the nightlife than the two hotels you mentioned (I believe) but not much further. It is across from the Frist Center and the Wyndham. We would definitely stay there again.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville Hotels

Either are good choices. The Hermitage is a great place but expensive. Don't fall for the sales pitch of the Union Station the location and the hotel itself both stink.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville Hotels

I actually like Union Station Hotel but the location isn't in the middle of everything but it is close. I've stayed there several times and enjoyed it each time. Granted I have not stayed there in a while and have seen several reviews in the past about construction problems.

I recommend Hilton downtown and have also wanted to try the new Hampton inn and suites

Level Contributor
258 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville Hotels

We just got back from a 3 night stay at the new Hampton Inn Downtown. This is a beautiful hotel with an indoor pool and jacuzzi. It is right across the street from the Country Music Hall of Fame on 4th Street. It is very conveniently located. We had a wonderful hot breakfast that was included with the rate each morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. That is nice too, but the walk to all of the hotspots is longer and uphill on your way home. Enjoy your trip. Nashville is a wonderful place to visit!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville Hotels

Are you wanting to be downtown or are you going to the Opry? If you are going to the Opry, you may want to stay closer.

Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nashville Hotels

Last August, we spent 2 nights at the Wingate, a short drive to both the downtown area & the Opry House (closer to Opry). The hotel looked brand new, was very clean & an extended continental breakfast was provided. The room was lovely. Under $100/night, to our surprise - we stayed in absolute dumps around the country for twice what the Wingate charged! Situated in a spotless business park setting, removed from highways and very quiet. I highly recommend.

8. Re: Nashville Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 17:17