We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

Added note: We will be arriving on a Sunday Evening.

I don't know if that makes a difference or not....I guess some places could be closed. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

Roadtrippin', are you wanting to eat breakfast in the evening after you arrive?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

Me again. If you are wanting to eat breakfast in the morning, I can recommend the Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro Village. Some of the best pancakes I've ever had. The line to get in can get long so you may want to go early. Weekdays are easier than weekends.

Loveless Cafe serves the traditional Southern breakfast of biscuits, ham, eggs, etc. I've never been but the locals swear by it.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

Thanks for your reply Peachyswan.

We will be eating breakfast in the morning! :)

Any suggestions for Dinner?

We will be with our 6 year old. So....something nice but kid friendly!

Thanks again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

Thanks, roadtrippin. I thought you meant breakfast in the a.m. but then you mentioned coming into Nashville in the evening so I got confused. :-)

I think your little guy will enjoy the Pancake Pantry a lot. It is very kid friendly. The waitresses are very good to the kids. Mind you, it is not downtown so you'll have to drive just a mile or two to get to it. It's easy to find. They open at 6 a.m.

I was just about to recommend the Elliston Place Soda Shop for dinner but they are closed on Sundays.

I'm not very familiar with downtown restaurants but I do know that Jack's Barbecue on Broadway serves some great pork barbecue. The Old Spaghetti Factory is also on Broadway and while it is a chain, it is a fun, noisy place to eat and quite affordable. Kids fit in nicely.

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
216 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

Peachyswan gave good advice for dinner and breakfast...

The Old Spaghetti Factory would be a fun place for your family. You can ask to be seated in the railroad car they have inside. Kids LOVE to sit in there b/c it's so unique.

The Pancake Pantry is a Nashville institution. You shouldn't have a problem with a line outside on a weekday. I recommend the chocolate pancakes... they're to die for!

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
798 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

We've just returned from Nashville. Jack's barbeque looked great but we didn't try it. The Old Spagetti Factory (I think it was on Second, just up from the Wildhorse Saloon), served great food, good service and very reasonalbe. The hard Rock Cafe is usually a safe bet but the Old Spagetti Factory would probably be more fun for children

7. Re: good place to eat for breakfast/added note.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2006, 14:45