We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl's Weekend - My 30th B-day!!

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jtiffin
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Girl's Weekend - My 30th B-day!!

Me and ten of my closest female friends will be traveling to Nashville in July. Can anyone recommend anything we must see or do while we are there for a weekend! Any warnings of what not to do! Thanks for any info!

ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girl's Weekend - My 30th B-day!!

The Blue Bird Cafe is Great! Never know who will walk in and start playing and singing; we happened to be there one night when Vince Gill came in for Don Schlitz for about 3 hrs, another night Michael McDonald. Good food, sweet potato fries are excellent,a real intimate setting with the songwriters and performers. Get there early, first come first seated.

If you've never been to the opryland hotel, even if you don't stay, you should go see; fantastic. And, of course, don't forget the grand ole opry and all the honky tonks.

After going to Nashville x5 yrs ago, we go now every year, the people and city are Great! You will have a blast! Enjoy and Happy 30th.

Nashville
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Girl's Weekend - My 30th B-day!!

You ladies need to devote one evening to bar hopping the honky tonks, downtown. You can walk to all of them on Broadway. Hit Printer's Ally and don't forget to dance on the bar at Coyote Uglies, down on second avenue. You ladies can eat dinner somewhere in that area and walk around the rest of the evening hitting the spots such as, Rippy's, Tootsie's and the Stage.

Have fun!

PS. Breakfst at the Pancake Pantry, but be prepared to wait for a table.

Saint Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girl's Weekend - My 30th B-day!!

Hmmm the perfect 30th birthday in Nashville. Well we have celebrated many a birthday downtown so here are a few suggestions:

Dinner:

Virago (expensive but delicious)

Ru Sans (delicious less expensive and fun..make reservations)

Going out:

Decades (a must for an 80's and 90's flashback dancing more mature crowd and tons of fun)

McFaddens (younger but very hip)

Roberts Western World (hit this up later in the night and make sure to order the cheeseburger and fake chili nachos for a very late night snack)

Lot 7 (I think this was the name we had a blast at this place)

Coyote Ugly is fun at times with the size of your group and the fact that ladies always get in free its worth checking out even if you don't stay long you haven't wasted anything.

Viragos is also fun but more of a seen and be seen type place if you know people but your group is large enough that you could handle it and have fun

I know alot of people like Graham Central Station but its just a little too young for my taste.

Fuel is a newish place that I think some of our friends have been going to lately (I cannot recommend as I have not been there but worth checking out)

Make sure to check out nashville.citysearch.com b/c they do have all the latest bar and club openings

What not to do:

Do not stay out of downtown...its your birthday weekend stay in the middle of it all. Check out the prices of all the hotels downtown and splurge

Do not go near the stadium area not a great area of town

Do not get stuck somewhere like Wannabees

Do not pass up Printers Alley (do take a cab there only a couple of dollars from 2nd avenue and worth it)

Do not go to a random tattoo place if you get that I'm 30 yrs old and need a tattoo urge...go to the Tattoo on Broadway its clean and safe (actually its a christian type place no cursing allowed...not kidding)

Do try to contact the bars directly letting them know you are coming to town and that its your birthday weekend you might be able to get at least one free pass in. I know that McFaddens offers alot of specials for various reasons. Check out all the websites you can.

Do eat Breakfast at Pancake Pantry per the previous poster. Do try to eat at Tin Angel. Do check out all the events in the area Centennial Park, Hillsboro Village, and Vandy area. Do also try to grab a bite to eat at SATCO great hangout.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
167 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girl's Weekend - My 30th B-day!!

Do brunch at Marche in East Nashville.

Do visit the Belmont Mansion and learn about Adelicia Acklen, a real life Scarlett O'Hara.

Do some boutique shopping in Hillsboro Village, 12South, or shops located around Green Hills Mall.

Do have cocktails at Mirror or Rumba.

Do have dinner at one of the following: Park Cafe, Radius 10, Flyte, Margo, Eastland Cafe, Mambu.

5. Re: Girl's Weekend - My 30th B-day!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 00:16