We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

discount on Gaylord Opryland hotel in June - $167/night

Astoria, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
discount on Gaylord Opryland hotel in June - $167/night

Hey... came across a deal on a pretty high end resort hotel in Nashville (4-star user ratings here on tripadvisor) and it looks like it's open for use as there are still rooms left in this block (it just worked for me). The eligible dates are June 1-4 (it might work for saturday, may 31 too, but I didn't try that).

Rates are usually $219-$284. But if you call the Gaylord hotel directly @ (888) 777-6779 and identify yourself with the "Information Builders Conference" you can get a room for $167/night. I think this expires this week (Thursday - 5/8).

This place is supposed to be pretty impressive. I'll write up a review after my stay.

Nashville
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: discount on Gaylord Opryland hotel in June - $167/night

Boylan: See if the rate is good for rooms overlooking the garden/aboretorium areas....nice view from balcony. If you end up with an inner room, it's not much different than a room in the catacombs, and not such a great deal. Hotel is huge and lots to see/walk around. Plenty of restaurants, some good, some so-so. You will pay/be charged for everything, including the air you breath.

Astoria, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: discount on Gaylord Opryland hotel in June - $167/night

I ended up with a balcony room in the Garden area. It was impressive to say the least! 9 acres under glass. A huge sprawling complex. Felt like I was Pauly Shore living in the Biodome. We barely left the comtrolled environment of the complex for the 5 days we were there (though we did make it downtown to catch some live music - it's a $25 flat fee for a cab downtown).

In the restaurant itself, the steakhouse was great as was the sushi restaurant. Expensive though. Better if you're there on company business than on your own dime. They opened a new "vegas style" nightclub while we were there (FUSE) but it was closed on Tuesday and Wednesday so we didn't actually make it there.

-CB

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: discount on Gaylord Opryland hotel in June - $167/night

My friend told me that they add on all kinds of charges. Parking was like $17/day, and plus they added on a resort fee to her bill. And her room had no refrigerator, but I think you could pay extra. I ran into people at fan fair, who had their reservations lost by Gaylord, and they had booked many, many months ahead of time. My friend also told me her floor had several stains, and she was not impressed.

4. Re: discount on Gaylord Opryland hotel in June - $167/night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 22:17