We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2008

Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve 2008

Hi

We went to the Wild Horse Saloon for New Years Eve 2008, to see Craig Morgan and the music was great but the seating arrangements were HORRIBLE. There wasn't a dance floor as they got greedy and set up tables on the dance floor so they could rake in all the cash they could. But in the long run they lost out as people didn't drink as much as they would have, if there had been a dance floor,as people tend to drink more when they can dance as they get thirsty. For what we paid for the tickets we expected to have a good time and it turned out to be the worst New Years we have ever had.

We would not recommend anyone to go to Nashville for New Years as all the bars were also over packed, from what we heard from other people.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve 2008

I'm so sorry you had such a bad time. I've not attended the new years celebrations at the Wildhorse. I am pretty stunned that they didn't have a dance floor thats pretty bad. The main attraction I would say for the Wildhorse would be there dance floor. I've been to many a party there when it was packed and they were able to have plenty of seating and a dance floor so I think its horrible that they in my opinion ruined the experience.

In saying that I do have to point out that any large city in the country would be packed for new years. I am actually glad that so many people went to the bars and clubs in Nashville as we needed a little boost in that area as do all tourist places in this country right now. I would think that the most popular places would be packed as it was New Years and in my opinion should be expected. I've been to Atlanta on New years before and found the bars and clubs there to also be extremely crowded on that one night. Its new years everyone wants to go and have a great time. I would never tell others not to visit a city or area b/c the bars or clubs were crowded on a holiday that people flock to these types of venues.

Again I am sorry you had a horrible time and your review in that area is absolutely justified as they should have provided the full experience rather than being greedy by trying to pack in more people than they could provide for. But Nashville is a great town to visit and I would recommend you came back again on a less popular holiday to have the true experience of all it has to offer.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve 2008

Hi rainbowOntario,

I searched and didn't see a review on TA about the Wild Horse Saloon and the experience you had. Maybe TA hasn't posted it yet. If not, please submit a review if you haven't done so already.

Bob

P.S. I'm a huge Craig Morgan fan!! Hopefully you enjoyed his perfromance besides the troubles. I was watching his videos on CMT website moments ago.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve 2008

We enjoyed out trip but we were really disappointed with the New Years celebration as we like to dance and have a good time, so having no dance floor was a big disappointment. We expected it to be crowded but they had it so packed that when you went to get your meal from the buffet that everyone had to stand up so you could get through to go to the buffet. The tables may have been 2 feet wide which didn't leave much room to even have your dinner. We would return to Nashville but not for a special occasion like New Years.

We went to Memphis as well and i would highly recommend going there. Seeing Graceland was amazing.

4. Re: New Years Eve 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 21:16