We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where oh where to stay?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where oh where to stay?

Family of 5 from Memphis (3 daughters 13, 10, 8) are planning 2-3 nights during spring Break.

Drury Inn is rated # 1 but it seems so far away from everything.

I am not familiar with Nashville even though it is only 2-3 hours from home. Is staying so close to airport OK? (Would not want to stay by airport here).

We need indoor pool, free brekfast and a place where 5 can stay.

Embasy suites is a favorite of ours and we have been very pleased with Drury Inns in the past (St. Louis)

Really have no major plans. We just want to check out the TN state museum, buildings, shop, eat, walk, shop and hang out.

Don't really want to spend 200.00 per night but want something a little nicer than hotel 8.

Would Drury Inn really be our best bet?

Thanks!

Gina

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where oh where to stay?

The airport area is fine to stay in, if unremarkable & a 10 minute drive or so from downtown. Like you say - much cheaper by the airport. Assuming you'll have a car, it will be fairly easy to get to around. There's plenty of pay parking lots in the area around lower Broadway. Another good area for wandering in is the Hillsboro Village/Vanderbilt neighborhood, which has good little restaurants and shops.

Nashville
Level Contributor
125 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where oh where to stay?

Does this Drury have an indoor pool ?? Had good experience with Drury in Atlanta, and as you know, the daughters would likely dig the free soda and popcorn routine.

I believe you can get a very decent rate on a two room suite at the Embassy Suites near the airport (Century Blvd).

It's very nice and well maintained.

Both are a short drive (under 10 miles) from downtown or the Opryland area.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
240 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where oh where to stay?

The airport area has great hotels. I use priceline bidding site and do not go below 3 star level. I have gotten the Sheraton, Marriott,Doubletree, and Holiday Inn Select through bidding. All 4 have indoor pools. I have never been in the Drury Inn, but typically they are nice.

Level Contributor
53 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where oh where to stay?

There is a great Embassy Suites near downtown; …hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/BNAESES/index.do is the link. Cool restaurants nearby, too!

Memphis
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where oh where to stay?

Thanks for the replies.

I have a reservation at Embassy suites Airport (DT location does not have indoor pool). The suite is $103.00 per night with free parking and the nice breakfast.

I am not 100% sure so I am still looking around. I had a room at Opry Land hotel for 140.00 per night but was scared away because of parking stories/fees and the 15.00 per day fee.

I have heard Cool Spring Embassy suites is VERY nice but I am not sure if we want to be so far away.

Thanks!!

Gina

Nashville
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where oh where to stay?

Cool Springs Embassy Suites is suppose to be great. A local buddy of mine stays there some for a staycation (or whatever the term is). Apparently indoor pool, excellent sports bar. It would be about 25 minutes from downtown. Tons around there. Matter of fact more than downtown, but not the tourist stuff. Around Opryland is a huge mall which is okay. Fun stuff for kids. Not much else. Think about our zoo which is great if the weather is nice. Frist Center is free for kids under 18. Medieval Art from one of the premier collections in the country from the Cleveland Art Museum opens tomorrow. Good kids craft and education area in ArtsQuest. Country music hall of fame is excellent. Unfortunately a fabulous exhibition by famous artist of diners John Baeder closes this weekend at TN State Museum. check out nowplayingnashville.com. This is a non-profit site run by our Community Foundation. It is a great place to see what is happening.

7. Re: where oh where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 11:21