We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Valentine's day dinner?

lkm
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Post Valentine's day dinner?

Hi,

I am traveling to St. Louis on Valentine's day for a wedding and will then be driving to Nashville. I have never been there before and am looking for suggestions for a place to have a "post Valentine's day" dinner. I am a vegetarian and my boyfriend is not but we eat all types of food. We prefer good food as opposed to stuffy, fancy atmosphere. We will be staying right downtown but will also have a car. Any suggestions?

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

Check out Ombi, Acorn, Watermark, Germantown Cafe or Miro. All would have vegetarian friendly selections, good atmosphere, good food.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

I'll add Cafe Margot, City House, and Allium to Nashpam's list above.

Nashville Dining go-list:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i10932-Nashvill…

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

Absolutely -- Margot is one of my favorites. If you pass on Margot, try Marche for lunch. It's in East nashville in a cool part of town -- same owner as Margot, great seasonal, fresh food.

lkm
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

So I think I have narrowed it down to Flyte, City House , Acorn or Zola. Which one should I pick? Help!?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

Zola has recently updated their vegetarian options and gotten some really good reviews on them:

…nashvillescene.com/bites/2009/02/zola_expan…

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

I have always loved Zola for it's imaginitave menu --lots of fruit/meat combos, interesting mix of ingredients. My husband, who is a bit more of a "straightforwared" diner, finds it too complex and overworked. Unless they have updated it, the room is somewhat bland, unstylish. Also, in the past they have served the meal at a leisurely pace, one turn of the table.

I like Acorn very much. Excellent menu with seasonal changes (butternut squash ravioli is the best), a cool atmosphere with a good bar. Not stuffy, just stylish. If you want to be there for 2 hours, they are fine with that, if you want to go somewhere after, they can pick up the pace.

Nashville
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

If those are your choices, I would go in order of City House, Zolas, Flyte, and then Acorn. If you are willing to spend, put Watermark back in. It is excellent. Expensive? Yes. Fancy? I guess but you can wear what you do it Boston when you go somewhere kind of nice. Margots is similar to Zolas as far as respect of other chefs. Very laid back atmosphere. I have not been to Zola's in a long time, and I have not talked to others who have either. That being said, whenever you read an article chefs always mention it as one of their favorite restaurants. Very creative dishes. Not much on atmosphere, but it has been around for a long time as others come and go. If it is warm out, you can sit outside at Acorn. I have not been there in a few years. City House is casual, rustic Italian. Very good. It does not depend on heavy sauces. Apparently, he uses as much local including meat as possible. It is one of my favorites. You can sit at the chef's table, which is just the bar over looking the open kitchen. Like much of Nashville, all of those places have easy parking or free valet. Print out a Google map for each. All of those except Zola (even that one is a little hidden) are not obvious. Also, all are safe areas as is much of Nashville.

8. Re: Post Valentine's day dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Nashville