We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

Midwest
7 posts
Save Topic
Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

I was wondering if it's easy bumping into any of the country singers.I heard it's like LA you might spot them at a Wal-Mart or Starbucks.My one friend would love to meet Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift.Has anyone ever spotted them anywhere?? How far is Hendersonville from Nashville?? Sorry for so many questions.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

The country stars are definitely around - check out this thread on the forum to get some ideas of where you might run into them:

http://tinyurl.com/bgto5n

Hendersonville is about 20 miles north of town. Via Google Maps:

http://tinyurl.com/bps5at

Tennessee
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

Yes, you will see them everywhere. Nashville is just like L.A.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

Maybe I'm breaking some unspoken Nashville code by admitting this, but I don't see stars everywhere, and I live here. I don't know how LA is, but I rarely see stars in the mall (once, Kelli Pickler in Cool Springs) or restaurants, (Reba once, at Miro). Where I do see them is at their kids' basketball games (Vince Gill, Tim & Faith) and otherwise just living their lives.

You could spend a lot of time hanging out at Wal Mart and never spot one. And that wouldn't be much of a vacation!

So, don't come to Nashville expecting to bump into Carrie ot Taylor -- much less meet them (we do try to let them live here, paparazzi-free). You will likely be disappointed. But DO come for great entertainment, history, southern culture, dining and a great, fun city.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
nashville
Level Contributor
302 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

Hendersonville is a suburb about 15 min North of Nash. And No, we dont see Country Singers often.

Ive lived here 30 years & only seen about 5 ...

USA/Tennessee
Level Contributor
327 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

My daughter lives in Nashville. A co-worked saw Alan Jackson at a Subway about 1 yr. ago. She saw Steve McNair (retired Titan player) a coupld of months ago. Like the previous poster said, don't come expecting to see any of them. It is better to just accidently see them. I often wonder if I am seeing them "out of character" so to speak. It would be real easy for them to mill around that way.

They like Nashville because they are able to go out and about and not be bothered.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

We did the Opry back stage tour last fall and saw J. Simpson coming in through the back entrance, I don't think she wanted to see us though LOL.

Nashville
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

Don't believe it when you hear about bumping into country music singers all the time. RARE. More likely just by luck OR (as one previous poster stated) if your kids are on the same school team or theater group or <fill in the blank here>.

Been here 17 yrs, and other than at music venues, the only ones I've seen out and about are:

1) At Predators hockey games (a few different ones)

2) Pancake Pantry restaurant on Sat morning (Alan Jackson; Bela Fleck - yea he's not country, but he does play a wicked mean banjo).

Mentioned in this post
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,199 Reviews
Nashville, TN
8. Re: Is It easy bumping into Country Singers??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 20:17