We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Ole Opry?

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Ole Opry?

Visiting Nashville in May and I want to go see the mother of all country music shows. Question revolves around whether to go to the Saturday early or late show. Was not sure if the late show would not run longer since the musicians don't have to hurry to get off stage. I would prefer to go to the late show if you get to enjoy more music, but if the show times are equal then it does not make any difference which show I attend.

Secondly. There is only one act listed on Opry calendar for the date[s] I plan on attending. When do they finalize the list of performers so I can choose either the Friday or Saturday shows?

Thanks for your input. I had two previous posts and the responses have been very informative.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Ole Opry?

Hi Justwufn,

The main difference between the early and late show is who is hosting the half hour. The host usually will do three songs and talk. The others will only do one or two songs. As for longer shows, they are pretty strict about getting done on time. Since it's broadcasted live on WSM, they usually finish on time, unless the late Johnny Russell was the last host. LOL!

If I'm not mistaken, they really won't finalize the weekend shows until the first of that same week. I think that if they confirm some performers earlier, they will put them on the website calendar. Just keep looking.

Bob

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,799 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Ole Opry?

Other post is correct, the shows aren't finalized too far in advance. Don't forget to make time for the free museum in the other building to the right of the Opry and maybe a backstage tour, you may see an artist up close, we saw Jessica Simpson last year. There is a free museum to the Dukes of Hazzards across from the entrance to the Opry hotel.

3. Re: Grand Ole Opry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 05:38
Get answers to your questions about Nashville