We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

Baldwin, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

I'm going to be in Nashville next weekend (Fri 5/8 - Sun 5/10). My main reason for the visit is a concert at the Opry, but I should have time to do some other sightseeing as well.

Here's the catch - I don't drive. I'm wondering whether I am better off trying to find something closer to the Opry or in downtown Nashville. I'll be using shuttles and/or taxis to get around the whole weekend.

Any help/recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

It depends on how you want to spend the rest of your time.

The Opry area has an outlet mall, a few touristy things and limited dining options.

If you stay downtown, you have easy access to downtown clubs and restaurants, the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Frist Center for the Visual Arts and other sites.

Personally, I'd go with downtown.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,809 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

I believe the Best Western near Opryland has a shuttle that will take you to the Opry which is just across a drive from the Opry Mills and a short walk to the General Jackson river boat. Next to the Opry is the free Opry museum. About three blocks from the Best Western is the Opry hotel, Cooters Garage, a free museum to the Dukes of Hazzards, Whiskey Road, a museum to Willie Nelson (small fee), along with several other shops, restaurants and bars.

I would definitely recommend staying near the Opry. You can always get a shuttle to downtown if you are interested in that. Good luck and be sure and post back here to let us know what you did and where you stayed. Have fun.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

We had a very good experience at the Hyatt Place Opryland which is a five minute drive from the Opry House and Opry Mills Mall. We had a car, however the hotel has a shuttle service to the mall. For someplace truly special, check out the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. You could walk to the mall and the Opry from there.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

Hi meredithchandler73,

Be sure to check out the shuttle services offered from the Opryland Hotel and the Radisson Hotel Opryland. On the Opryland Hotel website, be sure to see the Wildhorse Saloon offers. They offer some packages that include the Ryman Auditorum and the Country Music Hall of Fame. The $46 three day plan looks nice to me. If you decide on the Radisson Hotel, make sure to see if they also offer the three day Ryman/Hall of Fame package. It doesn't show it on their website, but they still may off it.

gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/direction…

www.radisson.com/hotels/tnnashop/services/0

Bob

Jacksonville, AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

If you want to stay close to the Opry I would stay at Guesthouse Inn. They have a shuttle that will take you to the Opry. If you stay downtown, I recommend Hampton Inn.

Baldwin, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

Thanks for all the recommendations! I decided to stay closer to the Opry and go with the Radisson. Part of that decision came from the fact that someone else got a room there for the same dates, so I thought it would be nice for us to each have a buddy and not be all alone.

7. Re: First time in Nashville (going to the Opry) - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 06:21