We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CMA Festival June 09

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tipperary
3 posts
Save Topic
CMA Festival June 09

Hi my parents are travelling to Nashville in June for the CMA festival.This is there second time to go to this festival. However the last time they were there they spent most of their days in awe at the country music artists that they unfortunately cannot see in Ireland! This time however, they are planning on seeing a bit more of Tennessee. They are then travelling to Washington DC in a rented car. I have a few questions that i would appreciate help with.

1. What sites or places should they visit while staying in Nashville.They are spending 5 days in nashville.

2. What would be the best route to travel to get to washington. What would be 'must see or do' things along the way. They have allowed 4 days to travel from nashville to washington. As they are not used to driving on the 'right' side of the road, im wondering is this enough time for them to do it in.

Thanks

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CMA Festival June 09

Hi TrionaC,

To help us narrow it down, do they want to visit sites that deal with country music, history and antebellum homes, etc.

Some suggestions about country music would be:

Tommy's Tours: www.tommystours.com

Country Music Hall of Fame: www.countrymusichalloffame.com

The Ryman Auditorium: www.ryman.com

A Gray Line Tour: www.graylinenashville.com

For #2, they will be travelling I-40 west to Knoxville. Detour from Knoxville and check out the following places:

Gatlinburg, TN: www.gatlinburg.com

Townsend, TN: www.smokymountains.org

Great Smoky Mountains National Park: www.nps.gov/grsm/

Cherokee, NC: www.cherokee-nc.com

Biltmore Estate: www.biltmore.com

Bob

Tipperary
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: CMA Festival June 09

Hi Bob

Thanks for your prompt reply. They would be interested in doing anything touristy. It doesnt have to involve country music as id say they will have enough of that by the end of the festival. I have looked up the links you posted and they are very useful. Should they book accomodation for the road trip from nashville to washington or do you think it would be ok to leave it untill they get there. Also is there any website where it will tell the distance from place to place. Thanks

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CMA Festival June 09

Hi Trionac,

This link will give you directions and estimated time of travel. You may have to copy and paste it into your browser.

www.mapquest.com/maps…

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CMA Festival June 09

Oops. I reversed the directions in my last post. here is the link traveling from Nashville to Washington.

www.mapquest.com/maps…

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CMA Festival June 09

Beware of the fact that some of the tours do not operate during CMA Fest since they can't get around downtown on the Festival days.

Tommy's Tours is wonderful. Went last year with them and am doing it again this June. A plus, pretty much the same tour, but half the cos!

Tipperary
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CMA Festival June 09

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have been busy looking at all the links posted. Im trying to get a route planned for their trip. I have looked up the Smoky Mountains and i must say from what i have seen and read it looks like a definate place to visit. Would anyone be able to recommend which of these places would be best to stay in. Gatlinburg, Townsend or Cherokee.

Regards

TrionaC

7. Re: CMA Festival June 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2009, 05:18