We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling around

ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
travelling around

I travelling to nashville in july for ten days, can some one please tell me the best way to get around nashville, nd areas outside the town that would be interseting to see...

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling around

Hi missirish2009,

Since Nashville doesn't have great visitor transportation, your best option would be to hire a car.

Please let us know what you are interested in. History, science, country music & stars, shopping, etc.? Plus, any children? Ages?

With this information, the great folks here on TripAdvisor can help focus on what's best for you and your family.

Thanks!

Bob

ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling around

history, country music stars and shoppin, would be my main interests,

its just me and my partner, wer both 21...

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling around

Great! Here are a few of my favorites and things I've heard are great. Hopefully others will post other favorite places.

History:

The Hermitage - Home of Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States. www.thehermitage.com

The Parthenon - www.nashville.gov/Parthenon/index.htm

Fort Negley - nashville.gov/parks/…index.htm

Belle Meade Plantation - www.bellemeadeplantation.com

- - - - -

I have heard Tommy's Tours is a great sightseeing tour. Grayline Tours is another one in the area.

http://tommystours.com

www.graylinenashville.com/tours.cfm

- - - - -

For shopping, there are many great places, but here are a few of some of the most popular:

Opry Mills - www.oprymills.com

Cool Springs Gallaria - www.coolspringsgalleria.com

Franklin, TN - Great for shopping and history. www.historicfranklin.com

The Factory at Franklin - www.factoryatfranklin.com

Leiper's Fork - www.leipersforkvillage.com

www.leipersfork.net

Bob

4. Re: travelling around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 06:20