We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildhorse Saloon concert

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Wildhorse Saloon concert

I just purchased VIP Meet & Greet tickets for a concert at Wildhorse Saloon in Sept. Being from out of town, I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer:

1. Since we have VIP tickets, do we need to get there early and wait in line?

2. Is the Meet & Greet usually before or after the concert?

3. How is the food? Should we eat there or eat before we go?

Any additional advice about how to maximize the experience is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

I used to work at the WHS so I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. The WHS forms 2 lines for concerts. One is for VIP & one is for GA. They don't usuall "assign" seats even for VIP. There will be a roped off section but if you want a really good seat I'd get there early.

2. The m&g timing depends on what the performer wants. Sometimes it's in the middle of the show (after the opening bands but before the main act) and sometimes they are at the end of the show. It all depends.

3. The food is good. They usually have a specific "concert" menu that they use. It's got burgers, wings, chicken tenders, nachos and some things I can't remember. Basically stuff you can eat with your hands. Don't miss out on the fried pickles. They are soooo good!

If you like to drink, the WHS has great bartenders. 2 of them were voted as the #1 & #2 bartender in Nashville.

Cameras are sometimes allowed & sometimes not. It all depends on what the performer wants. If they say no cameras they mean it. I have seen them confiscate cameras before.

Remember that there is no smoking in the building.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Have a great time!

Maine
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

Bevans - I'm interested to know how your VIP concert experience was. I'm heading to Nashville on Friday for a concert at Wildhorse Saloon and have VIP meet & greet tickets as well. Any tips/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

The concert was great! We got there about 30min prior to the concert time on the ticket. There were 6 of us at an assigned table, and the seats were really close to the stage. Service was fast and friendly. We ate elsewhere before we went, but our drinks were never empty during the concert. The announcer told us to line up for the meet and greet after the opening act finished. However, don't expect much from the meet and greet, if it is anything like the one we had. We went in groups of 4 to meet the band, and you had about 30 seconds to pose for a picture, then get going. My husband and I were in a group with 2 people we didn't know, and had to protest strongly to get our own picture instead of a pic with the band and 2 strangers. However, the concert rocked, and we love our picture with the band. I would get the seats again at the Wildhorse. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

Hi bevans43215,

Thanks so much for the report. That's some great information for others deciding for the VIP tickets or not, and other info. Sounds like you all had a GREAT time!

Bob

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

What band was it? I have been to the Wildhorse for Blake Shelton Fan Club Parties and love it there!

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

What band was it? I have been to the Wildhorse for Blake Shelton Fan Club Parties and love it there!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

We saw Loverboy, who is my husband's favorite 80's band. They really put on a great show. It was worth the extra money for the VIP tickets for us. We liked having an assigned place to sit, a waitress, and a picture with Loverboy in which my hubby looks like the happiest dude on Earth!

8. Re: Wildhorse Saloon concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 06:17