We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are flying into Nashville in September for 5 nights and need some advice. We have never been to Nashville before, love country music and the nightlife. We will have a rental car for part, if not all of the stay. We are after a place to stay downtown that is close to places of interest (shopping, hall of fame and other nashville attractions etc) and restaurants, honky-tonks etc.

About $120 - $180 a night is our budget. Something with free parking would be ideal.

We'd love to be able to walk to most of the night entertainment.

Any tips or recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

I doubt you'll find free parking anywhere downtown, but check a few websites (www.hotels.com) and see what you come up with.

These are well-located:

Hilton

Renaissance

Marriott Courtyard

Doubletree

Sheraton

Hermitage (beautiful, $$$)

Look for convention center, Printers Alley locations

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

I would suggest the Homewood Suites - that is where we stayed when we visited for a week in May and we loved it. It's a few blocks from downtown, but we never minded the walk. The Homewood Suites has a great free breakfast every morning and every evening (M-Th) a really nice (free) reception (light meal, snacks, wine, beer). The rooms are great and the service was excellent. We will be staying there next time we are in Nashville. We paid $129/night.

Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

Thanks so much I'll look into those suggestions :)

Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

I'll looked into the hotels suggested. I think these two places are in our budget, what do you think is better location-wise for local attractions and to be in the hub of things?

- Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown

or

- Double-Tree Hotel Nashville

Thanks in advance.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

Both are easy access to the clubs, bars, and restaurants along lower Broadway - don't think you'll go wrong either way!

Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

Thanks wallace63!

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

We have stayed at the DoubleTree twice and were pleased with our stay both times. The valet parking was $24.00 a night though. Close to everything, nice bar, indoor pool, and extremly comfortable beds. Oh, and don't forget the warm cookies at check-in...

8. Re: Nashville First-Timers - Best Place to Stay Downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 05:17