We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown parking at the Library Garage

Algonquin, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown parking at the Library Garage

We decided to go on a last minute getaway to Nashville and booked the Courtyard by Mariott via Priceline. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if parking at the Library Garage is a viable lower cost option to parking at the hotel.

I saw here (www.parkitdowntown.com/parking/metro.php)that the garage is open 24-hours and has more than reasonable rates, but since overnight parking is not specifically mentioned I was hoping someone in the know could advise for certain.

Thanks!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown parking at the Library Garage

Give them a phone call. 615-743-3090.

Hooks, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown parking at the Library Garage

If you call let us know what you find out.

Algonquin, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown parking at the Library Garage

Well Nashville was great and I must assume that the Library Garage is the cheapest place to park in the city.

Each 1/2 Hr. $1.00

Max for 24 Hr. Period $6.00

After 5pm and Weekends $4.00

We arrived and parked on Thursday night around 10:30pm and then headed out about 7:30am Saturday morning, paying $17.00. We parked again later Saturday evening and then left around noon on Sunday paying $4.00.

Not entirely sure how they arrived at $17 for that first period, but given the hotel wanted $22/day for valet, I'm not complaining!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown parking at the Library Garage

Thanks for letting us know, Infrequent_Travelers.

I finally was able to find parking rates, though a little too late for you. But hopefully it will help future visitors. That $17 does look strange, but the others look correct.

Main Library Parking Rates:

* First hour of parking: FREE

* 1 - 1.5 hours: 75 cents

* 1.5 - 2 hours: $1.50

* 2 - 2.5 hours: $2.50

* 2.5 - 3 hours: $3.50

* 3 - 3.5 hours: $4.50

* More than 3.5 hours: Beginning January 1, 2007: $6.00 (the daily maximum for those who park before 5:00 p.m. on weekdays)

* The evening maximum parking rate, (after 5:00 p.m.), and weekend maximum parking rate is $4.00.

* In order to receive parking validation for free and reduced-rate parking, bring your parking ticket to the security desk in the Main Library's entry hall.

Bob

I&E
New York
Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown parking at the Library Garage

Where exactly is this lot located

Tennessee
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown parking at the Library Garage

Nashville Public Library (Main)

615 Church Street

Nashville, TN 37219

Free Parking is offered for the first hour at the Nashville Public Library Garage.

Entrances to the garage are on Sixth and Seventh Avenues between Church and Commerce Streets.

Ten 20-minute parking spots are designated in the garage, immediately outside the door to the library.

Accessible parking for persons with disabilities is available on the fourth level of the garage near the entrance to the library. Be advised that the height limit for vehicles is 7 feet 2 inches.

7. Re: Downtown parking at the Library Garage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2010, 05:16