We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend out!!!

Rhodelia, Kentucky
Level Contributor
106 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend out!!!

Looking for great ideas for food, and nightlife (bar hopping) Will be at the Doubletree Oct. 2nd-4th...any suggestions would be helpful.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

I'm sure folks will be happy to offer suggestions - What kind of scene are you looking for (tourist, local, alternative, etc.)? How about the type of food?

Here's some ideas to get you started.

Nashville Nightlife:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g55229-s402/Nashville…

Nashville Dining:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i10932-Nashvill…

Rhodelia, Kentucky
Level Contributor
106 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

We are looking for local live music, laid back atmospheres, nothing fancy...great "diner" style food possibly.

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

We stayed at Doubletree last year and loved it. Be sure to vist Roberts Western World on Broadway - our favourite but no doubt you will find your own.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

You might try the Bluebird Cafe (singer songwriter), the Basement (acoustic/rock/americana), 3rd and Lindsley (acoustic/rock/americana), or Station Inn (bluegrass). The Nashville Scene is one of a couple free local entertainment newspapers that's available both online and in most hotels/restaurants.

Elliston Place Soda shop might qualify as diner food. Pretty basic burgers & fries sort of fare.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

14 girls are going 10/15 to 10/19.

Want to get the most of our long weekend.

Any suggestions.

We thought of the carriage ride through Nashville to start and introduce us to the area, then

maybe the deck party on the General Jackson

Not sure about any tours at the Opry or Ryman, any suggestions on these or the Hall of fame?

Also need a nice place for a spa day that can accomondate all of us.

And of course nightlife with the bars and dancing at night.

Also reasonible food.

Please help......

Thanks,

jc

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

For country tourist nightlife, hit the honky tonks along lower Broadway. For more of a rock & roll scene wee who's playing at Mercy Lounge. The Music Circle area is good for the college crowd, as is Hillsboro Village. For techno and drag shows, try the clubs along Church St.

I think there are some older threads with spa recommendations:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

For fun and kind of getting your bearings of the city, the horse tour may be good. Also, give the NashTrash Tour a shot. Although it's a comedy skit type tour, you still visit many of the great famous places in downtown. www.nashtrash.com From what I hear, their tours sell out FAST every day. Make reservations way ahead of time.

For the stars tour, Tommy's Tours is a great choice. www.tommystours.com Same here about the reservations.

Grey Line Tours has some great tours too. www.graylinenashville.com/tours.cfm

Bob

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

P.S. When I say visit, I actually mean drive by. You don't actually go inside the places. You have to do that on your own.

Bob

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

Thanks, wanted to do the nash trash tours, but are booked that weekend all ready and other dates don't have a tour, bummer. So we decided to do the private carriage horse to see the town thought that was different.

Any recommendations on the deck party on the General Jackson?

10. Re: Girls weekend out!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 06:18