We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for your advice

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks for your advice

I've just returned from my convention in Nashville and I want to thank all of you for the advice you gave me when I was asking questions back in June. The Gaylord Opreyland was the convention hotel and I heard nothing but complaints about it. They varied from the distances that needed to be walked, surcharges on practically everything including a $9.50 charge to get a letter that had been left at the front desk, very ordinary rooms, I could go on and on. Thanks to the advice I got here, I stayed at the GuestHouse Inn and was very happy with it - ordinary but adequate room, helpful staff, a breakfast that's more than the advertised 'continental', free shuttle on the hour to the airport and on the half hour to the Gaylord, Opreyland, and shopping centre - all at a fraction of the cost of the Gaylord.

I also ate twice at The C*ck of the Walk - great food and lots of fun. So thanks again for all your help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for your advice

I'm so glad you were able to find help here. I'm pleased the GuestHouse Inn fit your needs and your budget. I have stayed at the one near Vanderbilt many times and they were top notch, too.

I'm also further depressed that the Gaylord Opryland continues to provide poor service at such high prices. When I lived in Nashville, I loved going over there at Christmas to see it all decorated but I always told friends coming to town to avoid staying there. Just not worth the money!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for your advice

your welcome.I am glad everyting worked out for your trip.