We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Nashville in 2010

Bedford, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Nashville in 2010

Hi,

My hubby and I are looking into going to Nashville in Summer 2010. We are after a relaxing time enjoying the music of the area. My father in law always wanted to take a trip there with his son.Sadly my father in law passed away in 2008 so my hubby and I want to do the trip.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any help with starting to look into hotels, times of year etc (has to fit in with school hols as I am a teacher)

It will be a emotional holiday so we want it to be a holiday of a lifetime.

Thanking you in advance for any advice :)

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Indiana
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Nashville in 2010

Hi empwdp,

I'm sorry about your father-in-law. Just remember that he'll be with you two over here looking down from above and in your hearts!

Bravo for planning way ahead of the trip. I would first check out the "More On Nashville" to the upper left of the screen. There's some great information there to get you started.

Once you do that, narrow down your likes and dislikes. For example, do you like country music, bluegrass, blues, Techno, etc.? What age range are you two. Do you plan to hire a car and possibly visit some of the surrounding sites in and around Nashville? American history buffs? Area to stay in? (i.e. Downtown near the honkytonks and sites, out toward the Opryland Hotel, or maybe outside Nashville and drive in.) Also, some of us may not know when the holidays are available for UK teachers.

Sorry for all the questions and personal info, but the great folks here that post to this Nashville forum can give you better info on things to do.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Bedford, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Nashville in 2010

Hey

thanks for the reply :)

I will be 28 and my hubby will be 25 when we will be going.

Music wise probably country and western and blues style. But open to any other suggestions! Hubby likes the kind of music where he can sit down relax, have a cigar and reminisce really.

School holidays are 24th July to end of August, ideally we would want to go at the very beginning so arouns 23/24th July.

Areas wise- I have no idea about any of the areas. we just wanted to do all the touristy bits and enjoy the music there really.

As for driving, I'm not sure on that one would have to check with hubby as don't think I'd have the confidence to drive, confuse me too much I think!

Thanks

3. Re: Trip to Nashville in 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 06:22