We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown bars for 50+ men

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
285 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown bars for 50+ men

I have a good friend who is meeting high school buddies in Nashville. They are 56 and would like to visit a place where they won't feel too out of place. He said "geezer bar" but they aren't THAT bad!! Any suggestions?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
54 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown bars for 50+ men

It isn't downtown but the Starlite Nightclub is a great place for them. It is on Dickerson Pike and been in business 52 years, 21 up to 85 go there and they have a great band on rid and Sat. nights

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown bars for 50+ men

Downtown Nashville really does cover the gamut. It will be obvious by the music being played and the crowd in line who the venue is catering to that night.

Are they looking ofr live music? A certain type of food? Noisy/quiet? If they aren't particular, they can just go walk 2nd avenue, lower Broadway and see what strikes them.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown bars for 50+ men

Hi LLindaC,

Hooters on Second Avenue. No geezers are too old for Hooters. LOL!!

I like NashPam's idea about just walking around 2nd Ave and Broadway and check out all the bars. It doesn't cost anything to just look inside the places to see if they look inviting.

Bob

tennessee
Level Contributor
91 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown bars for 50+ men

Robert's Western World on Broadway, between 2nd and 3rd avenues if I remember correctly. It's a very varied crowd, and friendly without being a pick-up meat market scene. I always talk to interesting people there. By the way, the music is good, and this is coming from someone who usually wants to lay on the floor and howl when it comes to country music. Country music fans like it too. The atmosphere is not exactly glossy, just a real bar with real people - yes, including the tourists!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown bars for 50+ men

lol when I first read this post I was thinking 50+ ppl not 50+ year olds. I was reading on down and I was about to post. "Its hard for 50+ ppl to just walk around 2nd ave and find somewhere" But ya 50+ year old you wouldn't feel out of place there. Plenty of dif age ppl walking around and in and out of joints.

6. Re: Downtown bars for 50+ men

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2010, 05:32