We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear to CMA Awards

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
1 post
Save Topic
What to wear to CMA Awards

Coming to Nashville for 6 days in November to see te CMA awards. What should we wear?

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

Clothes

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

The attire will range from "cowboy chic" to sequins, the closer you are to stage the fancier.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

Hi there,I'm pleased you posted your topic as we are coming to Nashville in Jan and hope to go to the colgate Showdown at the Ryman auditorium,but Iv'e heard various dress codes and not sure how glitzy people get dressed over there.

Cheers.

Wendy N.Z

New Zealand
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

Hi there,I'm pleased you posted your topic as we are coming to Nashville in Jan and hope to go to the colgate Showdown at the Ryman auditorium,but Iv'e heard various dress codes and not sure how glitzy people get dressed over there.

Cheers.

Wendy N.Z

Utah
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

You need to remember that this isn't a little auditorium with a private concert, it seats over 20,000 so the attire varies. If you are sitting with the general public in the balconies you can wear anything from jeans and a t-shirt to a cocktail dress. Most people wear what they would wear to see a Kenny Chesney concert in their own town, but some people like to get glammed up too. Just wear what you are comfortable with. Most tours or packages will take you ":honkytonkin" after the show so there will alot of walking, dancing, and partyin' afterwords so whatever you choose to wear will need to be versatile for the entire night. One thing that is suggested for the general public is not to wear heels since you will be parking or shuttling atleast 3 blocks away from the Sommet Center and will have to walk. It's no fun to have achy blistery feet on your vacation! If your seats are on the lower level you should dress more formally.

Utah
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

You need to remember that this isn't a little auditorium with a private concert, it seats over 20,000 so the attire varies. If you are sitting with the general public in the balconies you can wear anything from jeans and a t-shirt to a cocktail dress. Most people wear what they would wear to see a Kenny Chesney concert in their own town, but some people like to get glammed up too. Just wear what you are comfortable with. Most tours or packages will take you ":honkytonkin" after the show so there will alot of walking, dancing, and partyin' afterwords so whatever you choose to wear will need to be versatile for the entire night. One thing that is suggested for the general public is not to wear heels since you will be parking or shuttling atleast 3 blocks away from the Sommet Center and will have to walk. It's no fun to have achy blistery feet on your vacation! If your seats are on the lower level you should dress more formally.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

That's good information to know for us show goers.Awesome.

Williamstown, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

My husband and I will be on our 10 year anniversary vacation and we have seats in the 300 level :-( We wish we could have better seats, but at least we'll experience this event!

I've been told by many to dress up, but others on this site say its okay to dress like we're going to a regular KEITH URBAN concert :-).

Thanks for any suggestions!

Maria

Sunshine State
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

Maria-

First of all, KEITH URBAN is AMAZING!!! <3

I'm goin to the awards as well. I am wearing dark wash jeans and a nicer top. Keep in mind the weather will be in the 60's so that may affect your outfit.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What to wear to CMA Awards

I noticd you talked a little bit about parking, where will the general public be parking and what time do you suggest we be downtown??